1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zelda spirit tracks AP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Matssaa, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you have a very good PC try

DeSmuME 0.9.5 , http://desmume.org/

2. badlilrabbit

badlilrabbit Member

Thanks, works great now.

Hmm, reading the FAQs for the DeSmuME and I think my computer could run it. But its an emulator? I read at the bottom that the project has been stopped <_< It looks incredibly more complicated then nogba. I think I'll stick to the one I'm learning now before moving on to something else that I know next to nothing about. >-<

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Yes it's an NDS Emulator, and it's harder to configure than no$gba.
    I'll stick to the no$gba for now though.

4. badlilrabbit

badlilrabbit Member

Haha, oh dear...I'm already having trouble with this one and its only been 2 days so far. <_< I can't imagine trying to use a more complicated one.

5. scept1c

scept1c New Member

"I have the patch you're looking for just put the patch.nds on your root
    of your SD and start your ds then select the patch.nds and then select Mario and Luigi and you
    can play the game"
    that patch doesn't work for me :/

6. Jhon 591

Stop't, The last update was in november 2009...

I still think its a better emulator, If it could be speeded up alot more

And yes it is an emulator , The next one to this is iDeaS 1.0.3.3 (238.0Kb 7z) Added Feb 1, 2010 (32-Bits x86 Windows, no audio plugin)

http://www.emucraze.com/ideas/index.php?act=downloads

7. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

Hi,
    I am new and only joined up so i could get some help with this game. i have an R4 (normal not R4i) and have downloaded R4 and Moonshell firmware. i have not had a problem with any game up until now. i usually download (e) games (because im English) but ive realised that (u) games are the ones that get fixed. ive downloaded TLoZST (u) from this site but i don't get past the Nintendo screen. i downloaded the patch and folowed all the instructions that Jhon 591 posted on page 101 and it creates the cracked file but it is 0kb in size... i try the game anyway and i have no train controls. i don't really want to use YSmenu as it is not easy to use, unfriendly, you can't use skins and it looks windows command prompt which, to be honest, isn't the nicest of things to have in your face (if you know what i mean).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, Wizzerzak.

p.s. sorry the message is so long.

8. Jhon 591

Don't add .nds your file extension might or might not be on , and try again

9. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

you mean don't name it ####.nds but just ####

10. Jhon 591

Gave it a try!, but still follow the steps from start and use (U) rom only

I meen it may endup as .nds.nds without knowing, that's why you get 0kb after patched
    Post Merge: [time]1265385572[/time]
    Ysmenu is easyer then kernal v1.18, but you can place in your own skin in the ttmenu folder to use, and will play alot of unpatched games (U) version

11. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

wow thats amazing how did you know that? it created the crack file successfully it is 89.8mb. i haven't tried the game yet but im sure it will work. can i rename the rom back to its full name now then? (The legend of zelda spirit tracks).

12. Jhon 591

Just abit of messing around, And thats how i found out, The rom has also bean trimed thats why the size is 89.8mb, If you are using the R4 then turn off your soft reset and press A to bypass splash screen

Bottom screen top right (R) should be RED not green, use R button on back of your ds

Yes you can rename it back!, try both with and without .nds just incase

13. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

which one do i open on the r4 menu the cracked one or the original?

14. Jhon 591

Cracked , orginial will have no train controlls

Unless its the ysmenu

If your are using origianl R4, try ysmenu on a spare 2gb microsd chip
    Post Merge: [time]1265387890[/time]
    My ysmenu guild https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.msg466427#msg466427

15. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

kk. can i delete the original then?

16. Jhon 591

Keep and make a backup copy on your pc , and delete the one of your microsd card

17. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

kk. thx. for all the help and fast replies.

18. Jhon 591

Your welcome!

19. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

just got the the train bit and all the controls are there. again, thank you, i will know who to call on next time.

Wizzerzak.

20. Jhon 591

If you need to know anythink about ysmenu, let us know, I have two R4 originals and kingstion 2gb microSD and not had any problems with it, I will play lot of unaptched games like , zelda, mario and luigi BIS (U), Final fantasy CC EOT, world of zoo (E) est

And yes you can use both on the one card, kernal v1.18 and ysmenu, all to be done is to boot ysmenu.nds like a game and your game after

Your welcome!
    Post Merge: [time]1265389831[/time]
    If you need a zelda save point!

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=30568.msg530840#msg530840