1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracles Of Seasons

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Jonez001, Oct 12, 2011.

?

Which game do you prefer?

1. Oracle of seasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Oracle of ages

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Its highly unlikely that there would be a third game like Seasons or Ages. One reason would be that the company who headed the development of those games was Capcom (in cooperation with Nintendo of course), and from my experience Capcom tends to not look back on their creations.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

And how do you explain the MegaMan games?
    Anyway you have a good point there

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Out of those two, I like Link's Awakening.

4. Jonez001

5. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

links awakening was cool but if they did make the third game maybe a remake for the 3ds but like ocarina of time 3d perhaps id sure buy it

6. Muumin

Muumin Member

Ditto.

7. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

maybe they could combine both games then find fayroe that way the trilogy is complete

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Except she is in the game and the game has a closed ending. Two was good enough, I don't think they could add in another mechanic like seasons or time travel for another Oracle game. At this point it's redundant to really make another Oracles.

I would want a new actual 2d Zelda though, the DS ones weren't very good, but I hope they don't make it like Minish Cap cause man, that game was a disappointment.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The Oracles were the last good 2d Zelda games. ALttP remade doesn't really count, even if it does have Four Swords bundled with it.

And I didn't really like Minish Cap either. My mom bought it for me for Christmas one year and I ended up opening the box and playing it years later.

10. Jonez001

Minish Cap was too short when you compare it with the oracle games

11. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

I found the ds games pretty good, but too short.

12. toffster92

I second the motion of another 2d Zelda game.

While I am happy that the company is taking Zelda in different directions with their style and gameplay, I would really like to see another 2d Zelda game. One that has that old-school feel to it but also incorporating new elements in the gameplay and puzzle design. That would present the old-school, longtime fans of the Zelda franchise a burst of nostalgia while still keeping it challenging and fresh. And for those new to the series, it would provide and excellent entry point into the franchise because really, 2D Zelda is what started it all.

13. Jonez001

But the DS games where 2D-ish...

14. toffster92

I prefer to think of it as top-down 3-D view. Not really TRUE 2D.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It was more 2.5D, meaning that it was 3D graphics played in a 2D perspective. Graphics or it being in 3D didn't make the DS ones mediocre, it was mostly the controls and swordplay imo.

16. Jonez001

But the gameplay / story was great.

17. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

why do you guys critize the ds games so much! compared to other adventure titles on the same console, they are pretty good.

18. Jonez001

::) Fabvini, I am a general reviewer so that is kinda my ''job''

19. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

2.5D puzzles? :D

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Because it's a Zelda game. It's a bar setter. If it were any other game series that doesn't hold that kind of reputation, then it wouldn't get so much criticism.

The touchscreen controls are probably some of the best on the handheld console, but people weren't looking for touchscreen controls on a Zelda game.