1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds.......

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by calvin_0, Jan 16, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

yea Aki is better Tea, but Anzu pwn both of them.

2. janlukky

janlukky Well-Known Member

just if anyone is interested there will be a movie though where all 3 heros come together....who knows for real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpLg4s5M1pY&feature=related

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but it looks gay.... And I thought that the 5D's are on a different era....

4. markandmonique

markandmonique New Member

I only got into yu-gi-oh when the whole pegasus thing was starting, but I have to say the BEST part for me was when marik/dark marik came in. He was Feeekin SWEEET.

5. janlukky

this was taken from 4kids TV now don't blame me i to hate the american dubbs they took out all the good stuff like for one thing that first shadow game between yusei and kalain grrrr....i just can't spell the names right. but you all get what i am talking about

There have been two Yu-Gi-Oh series so far: The first was "Yu-Gi-Oh!" and the second series was entitled "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX." To catch everyone up to speed and to get ready for the third installment of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's," we are bringing you everything you need to know about Yu-Gi-Oh past, present, and future.

Meet Yugi, an eager young freshman at Domino High School. Yugi and his best friends, Joey, Tristan, and Tea, share a love of a cool, new game that's sweeping the nation...Duel Monsters! In this card-battling game, players pit different mystical creatures against one another in action-packed, high-intensity duels.

But, with its roots in ancient Egypt, there's more to this game than meets the eye! And when Yugi solves an old Egyptian puzzle, infusing him with the energy of an ancient spirit, this seemingly innocent game becomes a battle for survival!

Giant monsters! Powerful magic! Ancient Egyptian legends! It's time to duel!

Taking place several years after the previous Yu-Gi-Oh! series, GX is set in a "Duel Monsters" boarding school where pencils and books are replaced by Duel Disks and monster cards! It is here that game designers in training and future dueling champions train to master the now legendary card game known as Duel Monsters.

The students are separated into three dorms, depending on their grades and dueling skills. The best students are in "Obelisk Blue," the intermediate students are in "Ra Yellow," and the beginners are placed in "Slifer Red." These dorms are named after the three Egyptian God Cards.

So what is this game everyone is playing? Below is a basic guide to the game play featured throughout the Yu-Gi-Oh series.

To get you started, here's everything you need to know to complete a basic duel. After you read this, there are other more advanced tips that you can check out online.

Get ready, get set, duel!

Each player starts with 8,000 Life Points. The object of the game is to attack your opponent enough so that they run out of Life Points, when that happens, you win! Each player starts out with five cards. The player who goes first cannot attack on the first turn. Each player alternates turns and each turn has six (6) Phases: Phase One - Draw one card from your deck. Phase Two - Standby phase (this phase is only used when a card talks about it) Phase Three - This is when you can Summon or Set your Monsters! You can also play your Spell and Trap Cards in this phase. Phase Four - This is the battle phase and when you make all of your attacks. Phase Five - In this phase you can play more Spell & Trap Cards after you attack. However, if you haven't Summoned a monster yet this turn, you cannot play more Spell & Trap Cards. Phase Six - The end phase is when your turn is over. It is now your opponent's turn.

During each turn you can choose to Set a monster or Normal Summon it. To set a monster in defense mode, you must lay it horizontally face down. This will protect your Life Points from attacking monsters. To Normal Summon a monster in attack position, place your card face up, vertically. Normal Summon cards can attack the Life Points of your opponent. You can also Special Summon a card, which allows you to summon a monster with a higher Level than four and does not count against your Set or Normal Summon. Also, note that you can set your Spell Cards and Trap Cards face down if you want to use them to surprise your competition later during the duel. Once an attack has been made on another monster, the attack points are compared - this is called calculating damage - and the winning monster is determined. If your monster's attack points are greater than your opponent's defense points, his or her monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard part of the Game Mat. If the points of both monsters are equal, nothing happens, if your opponent's appoints are greater, then you take the difference in damage to your Life Points. If your opponent does not have any monsters on the board, and you attack, the opponent is attacked directly by your monster and loses Life Points based on how many attack points your monster has.

The Cards: Monster cards - Are used to attack your opponents Life Points in hopes of getting them down to zero to win the game. Each monster card has stars on it, the more stars, the stronger the monster is. Each player is allowed to play a Level four monster or below each turn. Those with a higher Level, require tributes, voluntarily sending one of your monsters to the Graveyard to Normal Summon a Level five or six monster. If you want to Summon anything higher (seven or above) you must Tribute two monsters. Yellow cards are Normal Monsters and Orange cards are Effect Monsters, which have special abilities. Spell Cards - Are Green cards you can use during each turn to cast different types of effects. To use one just follow the instructions on each card. Trap Cards - Are Purple cards and can be laid face down during any turn, however, it can only be used after this turn is complete.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's is coming. The future of dueling is revving up! And with it brings a new legend! Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's!

Welcome to Neo Domino City, once the playground to legendary duelist Yugi Moto, this sprawling metropolis has since been transformed into a futuristic society where dueling has kicked into overdrive. With recent technological advancements made by the Kaiba Coporation, dueling has undergone a metamorphosis that has revolutionized the make-up and pace of the game of duel monsters and changed it into a heart pounding, adrenaline filled, fuel injected competition where duelist ride supercharged hyper cycles called Duel Runners and battle it out in hi-octane contests called "Turbo Duels." Now the winners and losers aren't just separated by skill and strength... but by SPEED!

For five special duelists though, it's not just about winning or losing anymore - it's about survival, for they are the chosen "signers" who have been marked by destiny to uncover the secrets of the five dragons!

6. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

yugioh 5ds is more interesting than GX, but the 4kids dub remind me of a imitation yugioh 5ds the voices are stupid and they changed add more thing to an episode that the japanese version didn't had and the background music lame all of 4kid cartoons have the same background music, the dub would have been good if the voice were or almost the same as the japanese version background music stay the same an no changing "your going to die" to "your goin to the shadow realm" kids at the age of 4 even know about death these days, 4kids needs to change there policy

7. janlukky

shadow games seem to be more trouble in 5ds though.....seems like death and souls is a big thing in this series

8. blaza89

death would be the main thing in season 2 which is cool in my opinion, but the dubs is all about souls.......how boring

9. janlukky

but didnt they also said something about the netherworld in the dubbs

10. blaza89

netherworlds? sorry i don't watch the dubbed version only the subbed version only and is netherworlds suppose to be the 4kids way of saying underworld

11. janlukky

i seen both of them in the origional series they mainly talk about souls but in 5ds some of the shadow game people kept saying underworld or something similar the instant they summon an earthbound immortal to the field.

english dark signer quote when summoning the earthbound cards but mainly dark synco cards
    "When the Shadows are devoured by even Darker Shadows, the curtain pulls back to reveal a world without Light"

12. blaza89

how far is the english dubb at now

13. janlukky

depends on where you look in 4kids tv it showing ep 150 of season one title mark of the monkey this is the shadow game with luna and the release of the anciant fairy dragon form its bonds.

i seen the other one on youtube and was mainly watching it another shadow game between griger and crow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxnMRJpxn94

it was the last one in english now i am seeing the jap versons

and i just hope is true just something i found in 4kids tv new episodes will be added on nov 26 or so they speak but not on TV just online via. link http://www.4kids.tv

http://forums.4kids.tv/showthread.php?t=244909

this is the thread for 5ds http://forums.4kids.tv/forumdisplay.php?f=101

14. blaza89

so there done dubbing 5ds, well thats for the best.....aleast there showing the original

15. janlukky

i am not sure about that

16. Watchmaker

Watchmaker New Member

But to be fair, this really isn't a bad thing, as the dub was terrible. 4Kids turned a show meant for teenagers into somethign for 10-year-olds...

17. blaza89

finally someone understands, why did they give jack an accent i don't get it, plus akiza voice just sounds whiny and irritable

18. janlukky

i know this from the beginning i always been loveing the japan versons

19. blaza89

yeah i hear you, the japan version is always the best, even the japanese GX was better than the english dub GX even though GX didn't get good until the 4th season

20. janlukky

my fav is the rainbow dragon arc in GX