1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your New Years Resolution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackblaze, Jan 1, 2009.

1. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

You have to remember that different people think differently. Whilst it may be an empty promise to you, someone has a completely different life and they may be intent on on changing something about it. If for example someone is a drug addict and its tearing their life apart, they may decide that new year is a new clean slate and work really hard to change their lifestyle. I understand your view point but it differs from person to person. Yes, humans do not embrace change easily, but it may be that some person needs that change really badly in order to turn things around for themselves and thus they take it seriously. It may also be that a simple thing like a new years resolution "inspires" them to bring about this change. Just a thought though...

2. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. And I know about being a drug addict as well. (14 years clean and sober) My entire point (which I'm certain you understand) is that waiting for a specific day is kind of dumb. Carpe Diem, seize the day. Today is the first day of the rest of your life, start it out on the right foot. No one knows for sure how many more we have left, so make each day the best you can.

OMFG! I sound like a damned self-help booklet. :p

3. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand completely. Sometimes it's just stupid to make a stupid goal for yourself. Like I mean, how many times have I told myself I'll stop drinking and I always say f**k that..haha. Just mean that some people do actually take it seriously. I don't, but some do.

Haha, we should totally write a RomU inspirational/self-motivational manual. :p