1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xbox tv connection sound,movement,NO COLOR??????

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by cdfyrt, Nov 1, 2010.

1. cdfyrt

cdfyrt Member

i have a normal xbox i plug it in everything does work exept
    NO COLOR?????? how can this be!!!! plz help someone

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

usually its because you're using a mixture of PAL and NTSC

3. cdfyrt

cdfyrt Member

huh? what do you mean with that??
    Post Merge: [time]1288644902[/time]
    never mind, how do i solve this problem????

4. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Try putting it on another TV. My wii was black and white in my old 15 inch tv lol. And then I got a nice 50inch plasma TV and it works fine.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The US (and a few other countries) use a television colour encoding system called NTSC, while the rest of the world uses a system called PAL. The two systems are not compatible and if you try to mix them you'll end up with no colour at all. This is why you can't use a European console on an american TV (although some TVs can handle both systems). Playing an import game from a different region will also cause this (except with PS3, which isnt region locked)

6. cdfyrt

cdfyrt Member

on my room i have a grundig (an old stupid piece of shit) it works perfectley
    downtairs stands the newest of the newest shit (sony full hd bravia LED or something)
    on my room its just the regular color white, red, yellow
    downstaris its white, light red, dark red, white, bleu, green WTF??

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

White Red Yellow is your basic RCA jacks, Yellow is video, White and Red is stereo sound.

The downstairs setup is your HD Component Video and sound. Like this
    This is not the same as RCA, and plugging in basic RCA to them will not work (unless the TV is coded to use either). Like my TV in my room has two sets of HD Component inputs, and the first set can be either RCA Video or HD Component depending on what you plug into them. The second set is only HD COmponent.

Red, Blue, and Green are the different Video component signals. You need all three to get a proper colored video input. Red and White are the audio. It sounds to me like you are taking a standard RCA output and plugging it into your HD TV's component inputs. You need to find the RCA input on your new TV, or buy HD Component or HDMI cables for your Xbox and setup your Xbox to output HD, and use that on your new TV.

8. cdfyrt

cdfyrt Member

thanks everyone for your help but i think i got
    the problem i tried the scart cable on a other
    xbox and it didnt work the problem was that
    when i moved the xbox to downstairs somehow
    the scartcable broke then was everything
    gray so today i was playing and knak!
    scartcable dies then ive tried it on a other xbox
    and it didnt work so thats how it is does
    anybody knows where i can buy such a cable?
    already thank you

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Go to your local store. Walmart, BestBuy, what ever. Or www.amazon.com or some similar place online.