1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xbox live

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by sasquatch, Oct 14, 2008.

1. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

wait isn't there a way to get like free xbox live, because my friend just says you need to hook up that box thingy for your internet, to your xbox and then you have free live. and she actually plays on live with our teachers.

2. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Loony that seems a bit excessive

3. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

There are two versions of X-Box Live. Silver and Gold. Silver is free, you get access to the online store and other things, but NO online play. You have to upgrade (PAY FOR) to the Gold membership for that. That's one thing Sony got right with the PS3, free PSN with multiplayer online games at no charge.

4. lilblkridinhood

yeahh if you didn't read it, it says you hook something up from your rotour i think, or something that has to do with your internet, to your xbox, and then u get live for free, that's what my friend told me not sure if it's true though.

5. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

Yes.....you connect an "Ethernet" cable from your "Router" to the "XBox 360". Upon registering a username you get the "Silver" membership. It's FREE. If you want to play online game with other people you have to "Upgrade" to the gold membership....which costs money.

6. lilblkridinhood

OMG i meant like my friend doesn't have to pay for her gold xbox live

7. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

I thought Xbox Live completely free nowadays? I can just play Halo 2 Vista (which requires a XboxLiveAccount) online for free!

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

My cousin's husband used to have a Xbox 360 that he'd continually do a format on, and then his Xbox was treated like a brand new one, and he'd get one free month of Xbox Live Gold.

He did this constantly, mostly for the free Gold-only updates or updates that were given to Gold members first. He said that sometime last year though they fixed it so he couldn't do that anymore... but he had done it for over a year before hand.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The PC has Windows Live, and that's free.

Xbox live is still pay to play, it's worth it, I mean 60 dollars A YEAR is almost nothing.

10. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Its 60 bucks a year for xbox live? I always thought it was 60 bucks a month

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yeah, 60 dollars a year.

12. Darkaxl

Darkaxl Active Member

This

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can buy 12 Month cards at stores and on amazon that come with a free month of Gold for like... 40 dollars. That gives you 13 months for 40 dollars. :)

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

My bad, 60 dollars a year CANADIAN.

15. 93_soccer

93_soccer Member

you guys should sign up here to get free xbox live membership cards and microsoft points. It's a great site my friend and I earned 6 months of gold membership each!! here is the link: *removed*

16. Reider

Reider Modereider

No referral links please.

17. stinger100

stinger100 Member

if u got at&t uverse u can hook it up behind the cable box

18. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

i had a wireless microphone once before it stopped working on the first quadrent and i never couldve used it ever again. having wired stuff is more reliable and you dont risk a chance of signals mixed up and such. wireless controllers sucks too. the wired controllers are long so theres no worry about being too far. about connecting and such, listen to the others. they know what they are talking about. almost anything else, i should be able to answere. and i hope this wont get you worried but if you get the cooler for your 360, itll live longer, if for only a few days or so. the hard drive can burn up and you will have the "red ring of death" so people call it but its a simple 3/4 of the ring of light turns red. that means your 360 needs a visit to the hospital. hopefully the 360 you got will last longer than the older ones.