1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xbox, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ultra, Mar 5, 2007.

?

is it worth it to purchase a first generation xbox [not 360].

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. get 360 instead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. get ps3 instead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ps2 = xbox in terms of games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

u are correct my friend apart from they don't need to pull down there pants they are just one big omniscient asshole floating around in space trying to play god with peoples pc's. but as long as u believe in the power of self and to not be stupid we can win.
    and they are putting it on every thing even computers they know it won't run on so u go back to the shop and have to buy more components like ram.it was designed so that people have to upgrade. i always say custome build but if u have to buy out of shops when u get home take off vista and put xp on or if u want vista befor u leave the shop with a hunk of shit take it to the shop tech and demand
    [size=10pt] "intall as much ram as it can take bitch"[/size]
    and then u might have a fighting chance. but xp will be best untill nothing is compatable. or another option for the more expienced pc users have both os's on ur hdd and choose on start up then depending on what ur doing u can choose the os u want.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Dell do offer XP as an alternative. Myself, I dislike both XP and hate Vista; my OS of choice is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.

3. xHaiTeKx

xHaiTeKx Well-Known Member

Heh, Vista only sucks because Microsoft is behind it. They did the same thing with XP I believe. When XP was first released it wasn't compatible with ANYTHING, which is the true problem with Vista for me...that damn OS can't do jack unless it has something to do with games. But that's Microsoft's market strategy and it's what works for them. It's not like they release poor products...they just release incomplete products. They purposely do this so they can charge you up the wazoo with upgrades and parts and all those shenanigans.

It's not to say that some 3rd party companies aren't taking advantage of this. Some companies instead of patching their product for Vista are actually just producing a whole new product for it so you have to go buy it...AWESOME! Next year, Microsoft will have secret cameras installed in our homes! Then I can flip them off ALL the time.

-TeK

4. meepokun

meepokun Member

Not to be rude or abraisive, but it's not all that hard to remove an OS from your computer (or even dual boot for that matter). I find it strange that people can consistently bash vista without providing much info to back their argument. Sure Vista may not be compatible with everything, but that's something that's only to be expected with a new OS, completed or not. As far as system specs, If you don't feel like expending the RAM to run vista, don't get vista. Ask for a downgrade. Better yet, build your own computer and skip the middleman. Reinstall that copy of XP you have lying in a box somewhere, try Linux, do something. Just don't use a commonplace approach to a technical situation. Insults don't solve problems. And ultra, the Xbox 360 is great, mine has only crapped out on me once, and M$ was very courteous and prompt on getting it back to me (It only took a week).

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

Considering how old this topic is, I'm pretty sure he made his decision quite awhile ago.

Really though, its been over a year since it came out and XP still outperforms it. That's not much of an incentive to 'upgrade' your PC to Vista.

6. meepokun

meepokun Member

Yeah, I failed on the dates. Didn't see em until after I posted. Go Failure!

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

BAH! dont listen to that junk, The xbox and the 360 aren't worth getting for halo and such, there are much better,underrated games that are overlooked that makes it worth getting. And as for the 360, get one. I just got myself a PS3 and I prefer the 360 over it any day. Played the PS3 for 2days and im sick of it, so now its unplugged to make way for the 360. And no its not the games. I have COD4 for both and I definately prefer the 360. Though thats just me.

and meh at only being DVD9, in my opinion giving people a limited space to jam a game onto makes them focus more on gameplay than the GFX. All you ever hear about the PS3 is 'oh but the graphics are way better than the 360' pffft so what. I mean just looks at what nintendo does with the DS carts (128MB as far as I know).

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i don't realy care about this argument any longer, it was so long ago. i still think in a few years time the ps3 will own but the development will take a long time. but then again i'm not going to get one and i don't want one, i have been converted to PC and playing crysis on my mates pc i know a console will never catch up quick enough.
    i still think that the 360 does not have a long enough life span that it could of had if they spent a bit longer developing it, but having been lent a flashed one the other day i will say they are pretty damn good at the moment altho to many fps and seeing as its easy to flash and about 8x cheaper then the pc i want it will make a nice stop gap till more money comes my way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.