1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox accident kills boy of 11+hung

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Why would he do that? Or anyone? Normally by normal usage, you'd never have the cord wrapped around in such a way that it's hold his weight when needed. Why would he purposefully wrap the cord around his bedpost? As it wouldn't happen any other way. I can't think of any sort of way that wrapping the cable up around the post would help any sort of situation.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

ive done it a couple of times so it doesn't pull out the console if you move when your playing far away, i also have my magic eye on the tv wrapped around something so the cat doesn't knock it behind the stand.

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Years ago, I used to go round my friends house to play PS2 with him. He shared a room with his brother, and they had bunk beds. Sometimes we went back to his house after school or whatever; we would find that the PS2 controller was on the top bunk and its cable had been threaded through one of the thin slots and the bottom of the bunk bed (his brother would remove the controller from the PS2 and thread it through the connecting end through the slot and then climb down and plug it into the PS2. Presumably, he'd then lean over the side of the side panels of the bunk to play the game on the T.V.).
    Sometimes the controller would be hanging through the thicker slots in the side of bunk (the controller's cable length wouldn't allow it to stretch over the top of the side panels on the side of the bunk bed; so he'd put it through one of the slots at the bottom that were about level with the mattress (the slots were a lot thicker at the side than at the base where the connection end was threaded through to fit) and lean over the side to play.
    My friend's mother made us let his little brother play with us sometimes. He wanted to play Ratchet and Clank multiplayer once, so we would take it in turns to play against him (whilst he was on the top bunk with the secondary controller). He dropped the controller accidentaly, the PS2 was dragged about an inch or so nearer the edge of the chest of drawers that it was on, the conroller connection was pulled from the PS2 but didn't get pulled through the slot that it was threaded through to connect to the PS2 (because it needed to be pushed through perfectly flat to fit); so the controller just dangled there. My friend went nuts despite the fact that the PS2 wasn't even close to falling off the edge, but whatever : /
    If the kid in the story was doing something simlar with his wired controller, then the controller would be secured at both ends if pulled on from the middle. This combined with the fact that controller wires seem to twirl themselves into a teardrop shape of their own accord :) (the cable connecting my Wiimote and Nunchuk does this all the time, the wires from most of my other stuff does too) would create a sort of noose. How the hell he got his head in the noose I've no idea.
    I hope that bored you all as much to read as it did for me to write it.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I just find the situation so damn unlikely, it's near perfect circumstances that lead to a tragic fate.

I'm doing to be hung up on this for a while, pondering with my feet off the ground to imagine every sort of perfect circumstances that could of made this kid into a tangled, mangled mess.

5. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

*Sarcasm* Yet another XBOX bug. *Sarcasm*

6. c9003947

c9003947 Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA good joke

7. jylort

jylort Member

I agree, very good joke, but also a terrible tragedy *keep from laughing*

8. PeachMilk

PeachMilk Well-Known Member

I love how everyone is tickled pink over these jokes.

9. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I know, right? I can barely catch my breath from all the laughter.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

It's been proven. The xBox kills. Itself, and you

11. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

did the kid have a red ring round his neck? aw sorry, that was lame but it was coming
    anyway condolences to his family ive got kids and its not really a laughing matter

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

I can't say I'm too happy with how you people left this thread hanging. :(

13. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

People just didnt wanna get too tied up into it Reider

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

I guess you're right. The others do seem to get rather wrapped up in other things.

15. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

the world is filed with unlucky things this is just one of them (if its true)

you just don't stop do you.

16. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

I still, and probably never will understand how he got hung by the Xbox if the controllers are wireless.

17. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Just got to remember to not get so tangled in this family's mess.

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

Yeah, I imagine the strangling hold they're feeling over the loss is horrible and I definitely wouldn't want to be tied up in it.

19. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Damn, Madcatz isn't a suspect :(

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

How 'bout LOLCat?
    uh hum!

My condolences to the family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.