1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Elru, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

While I own a PS3, I have been looking at the Xbox 360 for sometime and I'm thinking of snatching one up. Anybody have any idea if you can run emulators on them?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in theory it should be possible, the xbox series has striking similarities to a PC (not really any surprises there), but I have personally never heard of it being done in practice

3. SonGoku1905

SonGoku1905 Well-Known Member

seconded.

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/xbox.html

4. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

So what your saying is go for it and let you know how it turns out? lol ;D

5. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

yeah pretty much thats what they are saying go for it, if you fuck up lets us know so we wont try it ;D ;D ;D

6. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

Eh, oh well I don't mind playing test subject. 8)

7. Prototype

lol..Im just :p :p kidding Elru ;D :p

8. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

It's all gravy buddy. I knew you were kidding. Like I said though it wouldn't bother me to test out something new I'll just make sure to spring for the warranty. 8)

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Just get a Wii damnit, so much more fun. :p

10. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

Maybe in your opinion but a buddy of mine has a Wii, I've played Red Steel and Madden on it. Call me old fashioned but I prefer a controller to cut people up and break tackles. 8)

11. Seph

Red Steel is bad I've heard, never tried madden, Wii Sports is damn fun though, zelda is <3 and I've heard Wii Play is awesome too. Haven't tried many games yet though, not buying a chip until they're fully developed and I can't afford games with my poor student wages.

And you really do get used to the controls after a while, then you start to wonder how you could ever live without it. :)

12. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

Eh, I wouldn't call it bad it's just a little more mentally challenging and the controls are a bit shaky. If I ever did buy a Wii it would probably be just for Zelda lol.

13. Seph

Yeah I heard the controls weren't too good on it, like some motion wouldn't be picked up on, Zelda haven't got that problem. :)

14. Elru

Elru Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know how many times I would go to block an attack and it wouldn't pick up and I'd get sliced and diced. :(

15. Stephen666

Stephen666 New Member

You Should Be able to run Emu cuz the Original Xbox could so I dont C y not

16. Seph

Well maybe they learnt their lesson from the first one and prevented it on their new console, upgrades usually make things harder - at least for a little while.

17. Prototype

I still said that what ever hardware and upgrades they put on it, if its a pc modification the xbox has then you can still mod it to play emulators, I dont think Microsoft would actually go as far as to put some special uncrakable chip so that you wont be able to play emus, i mean its microsoft, what they want is to get your attention, and what beter way then to boost up the processor speed, and a switch with a booster which they also have added if you decide to buy it straight from their company and not store. also Im pretty sure they also want you to get a console that will not loose interest of the public with pure upgrades and the ability to mod it and play emus there. Cuz if that ever did happened where microsoft did create a console where you cant play emus on it, then they would loose money(people will stop buying consoles(products) from them), and thats the least that they want on their list.

Well If im wrong then feel free to correct me

18. asiarules

asiarules Member

i heard u might be able to run them, but u could always mod ur xbox and play backup games sadly they just ban all of those from xbox live, so no online play downloads or new content.

19. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Yep, plus then if works for you and it screws up one of ours when we try it, we can just sue you. :D