1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360 Slim Failure Rate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chaunceez, Sep 4, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

that made my day, thanks..............XD

2. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

guys none are you have answer my question

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There is no failure rate yet with the new Xboxes, it's been out for only a couple months.

4. chaunceez

ok them then lets estimate how many people in the world gotten a xbox 360 slim and how much has broken down already?
    then we can get a estimate value of the failure rate

hehehe i got an S for math!! or for you dumb people its A...Im Ninja Rape Upside down sideways at math

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Twelve people bought a new Xbox 360 Slim and 2 of them broke.

2/12

Whoa man.

6. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

he just ruined the 12 year olds credibility on here >_<

7. chaunceez

but how you know that 12 people bought a new slim?

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm estimating, just like you told me to do.

9. doughboy

doughboy Guest

chaunceez: its more of....did i get a defective product, there is no failure rate........
    ps3 just as xbox360 (or new) do not have a good ventilation system, even though it does not heat up, it doesn't mean its ok.....
    they overheat, or don't even heat up in some cases and mess up anyways.......play it less (an option would be a ventilation system), its a big system unlike the psp or other older systems..........
    2/10 consoles have been defective in one way or another.............

10. chaunceez

I got a Xbox slim it gets really hot in around 20-30....Come to think of it Everything gets really hot around that time.....But i at least RROD/RDOD is free when you send it to Microsoft.

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

The Jasper mobo is probably one of the better ventilated for the older model 360 the Valhalla mobo in the slim is supposedly better than that not saying its without risk of overheating best bet is to not block the vents and not play it for extended amounts of time say if you play for 4hrs+ I'd let it rest for an hour or so before firing it back up again. My 360 is a Jtag modded Falcon mobo that has been re-flown and re-balled (...google it.) plus I can regulate the fan speed over the stock settings in the custom dashboard settings. That makes a huge difference, draw back is its louder the higher I crank the fan and eventually it would wear out quicker than the original (stock) settings.

12. chaunceez

WAT THE FRUITLOOP DID YOU SAY?
    Oh and its not a Hour you let it rest im trying to test me theory that every hour you play add 15 minutes to the cool down so play for 2 hours let 30 min break and so on.

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Mkay...whatever works for you.

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

your question has been answered...........
    no failure rate
    -maybe defective
    -take care of it
    -ventilate
    my cousin has both an xbox and ps3, he plays them for 2.7 hours estimated and they do not mess up.........
    failure rate is based upon how people take care of their system.......
    A site i go to allot says 2/10 people mess up....have failure rate because of defectiveness or failure to take care of their system properly.....(read the manual your xbox360, or ps3 came with as well for more info)
    hes just being 12, ignore it.......oh my bad 13.......in October...........
    and he changed his answer from what the f**k to............... fruit loop i believe.............he taught he was being to aggressive i believe....... :p

15. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Stop bashing the kid. I was his age when I joined. :p
    He just wants to know the failure rate, okay?
    Anyways, it is impossible to know the failure rate because not enough people have bought it yet, and there are no current reports.
    I'm sure it will inevitably fail like the original XBOX 360 when it is released. I don't see why you got a slim before any fail reports came out.

Keep your box ventilated, mkay? XD

To do that, stack a couple of DVD cases under your HORIZONTAL XBOX. It won't overheat.

16. doughboy

doughboy Guest

this was based upon a small group of people giving their feedback on the product, which they had before it came out, mostly devs.........
    my cousin has the fat one as stated and nothing has happen to it...........(im sure it will eventually mess up....)
    keep in mind that its a big system with much more hardware.........
    they are not ds's or gameboys or psp's so they will mess up based on your ability to take care of them.........

my bad....i will try to understand him.....one thing though i hope he reads every response on his post so that he can be better helped......

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

DON'T DO THIS, any sort of movement on the Xbox will scratch the disk if it's spinning in the drive.

Like you're........ any......better............ I hope.... Me and Suis..... get this...... point......across...............................

18. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I meant when it's off. And you can use a cardboard box if that would be stabler.

lol........ I see...... what you....... did........ thar........................................................

19. doughboy

doughboy Guest

...... ...... .... .......
    what?, the morse code XD

20. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

on-topic now...it seems to have great protection features ^_^ i left my 360 on, playing it, for 4 days straight...it got really hot, but no RROD, it gave me a message saying it was auto shutting down, and i couldn't turn it on til it cooled! :p