1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wrong Rom Versions

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Sabin358, May 20, 2018.

1. Sabin358

Sabin358 Member

A lot of games in the download space of this site are wrong. There's no indication of what region it is in in the filename so when downloading, it is a gamble. I just wasted alot of points trying to download a ps3 game. A US version of a game and then when it finished, it was the EU version which wasn't what I was looking for. Site also has an issue with DS and PSP games with alot being unclean and modified by having scene names within the rom files viewable with any ds or psp game viewer.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You could help by naming the ps3 game(s) as well as the other games that you had downloaded which was mislabelled, so an admin can fix it. Specifically for DS games, there maybe some nuked copies, especially those dumped by the venom scene group, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable. I've played plenty of such on emulator as well as console with no visible issue(s). Some games, be it DS or PSP might be modified or patched (back then) for various reasons, such as it's undubbed, fan-translated, anti-piracy pre-patch fix, etc. Usually they should have been labelled for ease of identification e.g. (fan-trans, v.1, undubbed, etc.). While if you noticed some are not using a certain group's scene numbering order, it's because if I recall correctly (the PIC for rom/iso wasn't me) noted that there are more than 1 group keeping track of scene numbering and that it constantly get amended when a copy is replaced or a missing release submitted further down the order, as such he was following a specific database and using his own order. Something like that. However should you be playing on an emulator, all these shouldn't be much of a problem, nor should it be if you're using a ds flashcart to play.

3. Sabin358

Sabin358 Member

Heavenly Sword was one. I don't have infinite points to go back and check the rest because I don't remember all of them.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

We'll try check about this title. Heavenly sword according to rpcs3 presently got major glitch that'd render it unplayable at some point, regardless you got the US, EU, or Asia region. I'll disregard the other claim for now since you can't remember.