1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wrestling Roundtable

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dedboy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

I know it probably wont happen but i hope they let tyler keep the God's last gift and Phenoix splash

2. dedboy

dedboy Guest

He stole Rick Rude's old finish. It's a snap sitout neckbreaker. If it's done right it's damn nice, but everyone uses some form of a neckbreaker now, not too many people use it as a main finisher.

Glg is a nice fishermen's suplex into a small package. The phoenix splash is better though, I saw glg done in Japan a few years ago.

3. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

1. I honestly doubt he'll keep that fisherman's small package. He'll probably have another variation of a fisherman's suplex (probably a bridging one) to tide over the ROHbots, though.

2. I never implied that he'd use the Rude Awakening as his finisher, I just asked what neckbreaker variation he'd use more often.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Will never happen, letting Seth Rollins (awesome name, btw) use the Phoenix Splash will bury Justin Gabe's 450, just because it's more impressive and awesome.

5. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

I guess thats true

6. dedboy

dedboy Guest

By the time Black hits the scene, it won't much matter.
    He doesn't have the "it" that Vince wants. He's got a decent moveset, but he can't cut a promo for shit.

I wonder what gimmick he'll get starting off.
    Christian is injured, Y2J is taking time off, CM Punk is unhappy, shit all the dudes that make it watchable are hanging by a thread.
    Who are your top 5 Raw, and top 5 Smackdown stars?
    Just curious to your opinion

raw-
    Jericho
    Regal
    Bryan(danielson)
    Sheamus
    Trips(Triple H)

Smackdown-
    Edge- I'm sorta leaning toward Ziggler though
    CM Punk
    Christian
    Kane
    'Taker

7. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Raw-
    Jericho, Bryan Danielson, evan bourne, randy orton, and john morrison

Smackdown-
    Kofi kingston, cm punk, alburto del rio, christian, and kaval

(going a little farther) TNA-
    AJ styles, samoa joe, The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, and kurt angle

ROH-
    Davey richard, christopher daniels, Austin Aries, Kenny omega, Kenny King

8. version3

RAW:
    WOI BARRAH, Sheamus (his squashing of DBD could be a sign that he's finally being that dominant heel that we all know he could be), JoMo, Cena (It's interesting seeing Cena in a program wherein the WWE belt isn't in the picture), and of course, Ride of the Dragon.

Miz is somewhat plummeting, he's not as AWESOME as he should be, I blame Alex Riley.

Smackdown!:
    ABR, Edge and Swaggah (I'm sorta interested between the promo of the two), Kane, and Punk. But Punk is getting misused as of late, the SES needs to get disbanded so he could get his groove back.

EDIT:
    Here is Seth Rollins' formspring, he's very accommodating and shit, pretty sweet.
    http://www.formspring.me/sethrollins

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Raw Power Rankings:
    1. Randy Orton (brand champ)
    2. Wade Barrett (no. 1 contender)
    3. Daniel Bryan (as US champ I feel he should be directly after the named #1 contender. Hey, I'm old school =/ )
    4. Sheamus (I actually really like this fella)
    5. John Cena (Part of the more interesting storyline, although I wish he'd embrace Nexus)

Smackdown Power Rankings
    1. Kane (brand champ)
    2. Dolph Ziggler (ic champ, naturally next in line)
    3. Undertaker (fueding with Kane, although not named #1 contender as of yet)
    4. Big Show (Monster on a roll)
    5. Edge (Somewhat better face reaction then last time, will come onto SD with a bit of steam)

10. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Well mickie james made her impact debut
    2 months before she is knockouts champ

11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMECSKzdSQ

I've been aware of DDT for a while, although I never knew it was this much win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qawVEKad6Qo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFjynJvfzY

12. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Kota really did sell those moves

13. version3

Old, but yeah, getting a 3- 4 star match out of an inanimate object (for almost 30 minutes) is pretty amazing by itself. I would pay to see Kurt Angle (if he wasn't all serious) or HBK (think Summerslam vs Hulk Hogan selling) wrestle YOSHIHIKO.

Also, Seth Rollins called me dumb for telling that he sorta looks like Vance Archer and that he should have a tag team with him (along with a cheesy name), I'm so happy and trollfacing right now.
    http://www.formspring.me/sethrollins/q/1281198416

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

NEEDS MOAR ESCALATION

15. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Just watched tna spin cycle and quote of the day

JB: who do u think should main event Bound for glory

Angelina love: I would like to main event bound for glory. It would be nice to be the first knockout to main event a ppv

AJ Styles: Yea right the only way you will be able to main event a ppv is if you wrestling naked

16. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Bound for Glory tonite
    Any thoughts?

17. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Be careful of double posting man.

Also, we will finally find out who 'they' are. And I could care less.

Also it's probably an evil Dixie Carter.

It's almost a lock that Angle will win the TNA belt.
    No Hogan, thank god. His back is more screwed up than my lungs are.

18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I had a stream sussed for BFG but ran out of bandwidth this morning so it ain't happening.

My Preds:

"They": I don't care... Curry Man and Shark Boy?
    Team 3D's Announcement: I don't care... they're retiring?
    Ink Inc. vs. Orlando Jordan and Eric Young: I don't like either team. Ink Inc.
    Kevin Nash, Sting and The Pope vs. Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe: Handicap, logic says Jarrett and Joe go over, Nash on his back
    Abyss vs. RVD: I don't care... RVD?
    EV2.0 vs. The Four Horsemen Evolution Fourtune: Fourtune needs a win, so I'll say EV2.0
    Jay Lethal vs. Douglas Williams: Jay Lethal
    Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne vs. Tara (With Mickie James As Special Referee): Awesome Kong
    The Motor City Machineguns vs. Generation Me: MCMG, should be the match of the night and one of the 2 matches i'll be downloading next week.
    Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy: Fucked if I know. They'll probably give Kennedy the momentum, I guess.

19. dedboy

dedboy Guest

i am going to give this PPV before it starts(it has 40 minutes before start time here where I am at), a 3.5/5

I just don't see it for some reason, this is TNA's Wrestlemania, but it's sloppily done.

Expect some crash swerves, like They being abyss' multiple voices, or something that makes no damned sense.

MCMG and Generation ME should be one of the three top, if not the top match of the night.
    I am willing to bet that the MCMG/ME match is the opening match too.
    TNA should save it for after Abyss vs RVD.
    But you know they won't.

20. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

The only thing i care about is fortune going over ECW.... i mean ev2.0 (aj styles fan)