1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wrestling Roundtable

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dedboy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. supertanno

supertanno Well-Known Member

Source: Wrestlezone.com

This article explains my statement ;).

I'm not going to do a draft prediction, since I suck at predicting the draft :p.

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Very, very few people get to leave on top. Trish Stratus is the only other person in the WWE I can think of.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I suppose that was the big E's way of thanking Adam for the twelve years he put into the company. With Hogan being the lone exception, no one had anything bad to say about Edge. Edge could actually make his opponent look better than himself in many matches. Check out his 2002 feud with Kurt Angle. Backlash 2002 to be specific. Damn that was a good match. So do you folks think Christian will get the belt based on the emotion of Edge retiring? Or will Del Rio get his push finalized?

I say it's about time Christian gets his WHC chance.

4. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

I expect christian to get a quick your were edge best friend so here is your title run then he fued wit del rio and after about 2 months del rio will get the belt. Thats just my guess though

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

So the WWE bumped up the draft to next week. R-Truth does the psycho style heel turn on Morrison, and caps it off by infuriating many Europeans.

The draft will be highly interesting. The big E is sorta on the ropes as needing a top face on Smackdown.

Orton would do wonders. Or Cena, course that won't be happening.

Let's see if some of our predictions hold weight.

Did anyone see Awesome Kong's WWE promos? Damn nice shit there. looks like they'll be pushing her as a monster heel. No Austin, no Rock, no Triple H, Taker is about out, no HBK, no Edge.

Anyone else kinda depressed about how the WWE was when it was the WWF.

No one is truly stepping up to be the breakout star.
    Plus the big E wants to branch out into modern entertainment(cartoons, children's shows, ect.)

Looks like this will never be the same.

As Ron Simmons(Farooq) would once say-

"Damn."

6. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Anybody else think evan bourne has to be like best wrestler ever at selling moves, sometimes i think he actually died.

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

No.

8. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Bourne tends to oversell actually.

It's not actually in the immediate impact of a move, so much as the aftersell.

take a right hand to the jaw. Sell it for the impact, but afterwards hold your jaw. Shit like that isn't done much anymore. Far too many no sells. And a lot of them aren't even superCena. Randy Orton sells pretty damn well IMHO. Check out the Rock Austin rivalry. Them cats sold some of the best shit I've ever seen.

For no selling, check out Big Van Vader and Stan Hansen.

Lose your eye, and no sell it like it's a minor scratch.

Damn good times.

10. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

I actually think orton is the one that oversells. It was especially bad in his match against shane o mac but honestly orton hasnt been that bad with it lately

11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Does anyone listen to Art of Wrestling by Colt Cabana? You should check out the Dave Lagana episode. Skip 10 minutes.

12. supertanno

OK, I'm now going to bring back up an old topic and make myself look stupid in the process (as always): What EWR is this one? All I could find was with non-existent wrestlers. Also, where to download it?

13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's 4.2 with a roster upgrade. Look up "EW Battleground" on google and you should find what you need.

14. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

Let's Go Ceeeeeeena!!!! ///////// Ceeeeeeeeeena sucks :-3

15. supertanno

...Oh...K...

Dammit, my computer is Dutch, and that's not compatible with EWR :'(.

16. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

FUCK CENA!!!!!

17. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I';m glad cena is champ, funny seeing you cena haters whine

UMAD DAWG

18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Nice to see Rock giving Christian some props.
    *Randy Orton pinned Christian to win the World title. Orton celebrated and left. Christian sat in the ring dejected as the fans chanted for him. After he went to the back, Orton returned to remind everyone that when they go home, remember he is the new World champion.

19. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

He's New WWE Champ man :D
    Now go shit somewhere else XD!

20. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

Fuck this company.

Possible heel turn for that guy? Could be, since Smackdown needs a new top-tier heel. A feud between those 2 could be massive, but I could have wished that that guy could have taken on Cody Rhodes.