1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Would you date someone who was molested as a child?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Conrannex, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

It depends on their personality. A lot.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

A prejudice is a prejudgment, an assumption made about someone or something before having adequate knowledge to be able to do so with guaranteed accuracy

You just said you wouldn't have a relationship with them and you made that decision without knowing them, you also assumed they would have mental issues.
    You are prejudice.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm sure he cares about this.

4. msg2009

It was more of a response to his stupid comment about prejudice that made no sense to my comment. I also tried to explain in better terms what I meant by prejudice because he doesn't seem to understand it properly. Even in his response he is still assuming the person will have mental issues.

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

He's not. It seems pretty apparent to me that he's speaking in an "in the event that this person has mental issues" scenario.

6. msg2009

So why does he say:
    He doesn't say "in the event that this person has mental issues", its a straight no, and that is prejudice.

Of course he has every right to make that decision, but if we go through life dismissing things before we even understand them its a pretty poor way of living and you will miss out on a lot. That person could end up been a perfect match for him but he will never get the chance to see.
    For him to say "using the term prejudice in this subject is bullshit" is just clearly wrong because it is relevant.

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

tl;dr
    lol'd

8. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I'd say hell yeah I would, but im sure the female would be quite dispicable if she molested anyone. So I guess I'd have to say no.

9. msg2009

Did you read the thread title? Or even the thread?

10. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Just did lol. Well nevermind than. I wouldn't date a ugly chick, so therefore I wouldn't know if she did. But if it was a average/sexy chick. I'm sure she wouldn't have raped anyone. I'm sure anyone would let it happen.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Apparently you have no idea about the topic?

You're kind of pissing me off. My brother was molested as a child and has mental scars, but is doing way better than he was a few years ago. I think he will be a good man in the future if his red hair doesn't get him into trouble.

12. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Well...no I wouldn't. Women don't rape anyone, unless they are ugly and old.

The topic's creator is a male. So am I. I'm just replying as to what I feel about dating a molestor. I sure and the hell wouldn't date a guy. No offense anyone, just wouldn't.

13. msg2009

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would date a girl who was molested as a child. They are a person as well. And if they're awesome, then that's fine with me.

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Maybe...I'm undecided....date...
    But, I most certainly would NOT have a child with her :I

16. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Oh ok. Well, yeah I don't see why not...they didn't do anything wrong.

17. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

... Look at the title carefully.

18. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

That's not the question here.
    The question is if you would date anyone that was "molested AS a child".
    Not a molester....

19. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I already corrected myself with one of my posts above. People's brains automatically assume it says "Would you date someone who molested a child?" for some reason. For me it was because I didn't read the first post or I just skimmed it. I just wanted to reply I guess, haha.

20. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Yeah, I even saw the topic before but read it to fast, or only in parts...

Oh, I see...
    I can be pretty supportive when it comes to issues such as that...
    She's gonna have a shrink for a boyfriend, so that may help :I
    She may go physco on me though, so that may be a +1 in my case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.