1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Worst game of all time !!?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by monter, Apr 16, 2008.

1. monter

monter Guest

Hiya Guys :D.

Lets have a good old chit chat, well okay a debate . What do you guys think is the worst game of all time, why is it the worst game ever? Please give a valid reason not something like "Halo sucks because I said so" no I dont want that. What I want is something like this "I do not like Halo because the gameplay was easy I completed it in 2 hours the Visuals where bland and the online mode offered no challenge at all." Yeah something like that so what are you waiting for come on post.

The game I thought was the worst all time was Starfox adventures. Tricky was annoying the gameplay was a rip off LOZ. Voice acting sounded like screaming.

2. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Thats because it was actually a port of a different Japaneses game. Well there's always LoZ: Wand of Gamelon (CD-i) and ET for Atari.

3. flashx_454

flashx_454 Well-Known Member

its got to be superman 64 for the n64 that game blew chunks
    sucky graphics and game play and whats bad that was one of the first games i got for it.

4. Kennington

Kennington Member

FFT:A WOrst game ever, no LAWLZ here. :D It took one of the greatest games of all time Final Fantasy Tactics, and took out the best part about it, no not the wonderful jobclass system, the JP system. The main character was also just a little bitch and didn't really belong. plus he was JUST A KID WITH A CRIPPLED BROSEPF. when presented with this game be strong like the bear and respond "

[​IMG] "

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

Lord of the Rings for the SNES. That game was absolutely horrible.

6. flashx_454

flashx_454 Well-Known Member

and don't forget about Earthworm jim 3D for N64 it was bad :-X

7. crimsondeath00

crimsondeath00 Well-Known Member

The 2 worst games of all time are High Heat Baseball and Unlimited Saga. I envy anybody who hasn't had to play these two piles.

8. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

No it wasn't....
    Maybe in retrospect.....but not at the time
    Many games of that era aren't up to standards when we scrutinize them...

[quote author=crimsondeath00]
    Unlimited Saga
    [/quote]

No it wasn't....
    A beautiful, beautiful and thoroughly challenging game with some interesting storylines....
    There's no need to call it the worst game ever just because you can't/won't play that type of game...

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Kennington are you discriminating Crippled or Disabled people??

Shame on you

Anyway I liked the plot of FFTA, kids who accidentally made their town into a videogame world by reading a book, how neat is that??

But sad thing is, the game world was FF9!! I really hated the Animal people of FF9 so why ruin FFT by putting animal people in it!!

I loved the "create a map" option, it's kinda like "Legend of Mana".

As for the worst game, it's got to be the "Back to the Future" games for the NES, but what would you expect from a lame company like LJN, they make lame action figures & lame games! And to think I'm a BttF fan who got suckered into buying a crappy game :(

10. Kennington

Kennington Member

Not intentionally no, but I was reffering back to why he would have wanted to be in that world to stay. The concept was bum about the book and all, not to mention the clan system took away from the actual game play and the Judge System, give me a break the judge missions aren't even that fun. The skill aquirement was the worst though, Why not keep the JP system from FFT? just why? it was the reason why I loved FFT that and the beautiful plot that had some unpredictable turns. FFTA's plot was bologna.

11. Salaskan

Salaskan Member

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. After reading http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/review.html, I just had to try it. It was even more horrible than they said, but me and my friends had a good laugh with it :)

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yeah, and those annoying judges, you can't even hurt them ???

But still wouldn't you want to be sucked into your favorite game? Heck if I were sucked into GTA why I'd be happy ;D

And you're right about the clan system that sucked too. Another thing I liked about FFT was the ability to hire your soldiers, in FFTA you can't you're stuck with who you get in the beginning & hope someone randomly asks to be invited into your ring

And the Laws system bites ass as well

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

At the time when games were focused more on gameplay than anything, this game was a steaming pile of shit. You talked to people that told you to do something but don't tell you the directions or anything, so you just end up running around like a chicken with your head cut off, and when you run into a monster, all you have to do is manage to pull our your little stick before he hits you and then he'll usually hit you anyways since you can't move for a second after attacking. Then you've got those long winding caves to deal with, no map included I might add! There's virtually no way to keep track of where you are since everything looks exactly the same and there's even a few paths in there that share the same shape and everything if that wasn't enough to get you lost. Lastly, there's the password system that virtually NO OTHER GAME WAS USING AT THAT POINT.

There's so many better games that actually deserve to be played(Secret of Mana anyone?) and this one definitely isn't worth the effort.

14. monter

monter Guest

Tonic trouble a childish little tittle about a purple little aliean dude. Who spills a can of pop bang the world becomes something something bah...

15. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Oh god, I remember that game. It was like, filler levels from Rayman 2, but with a crappy purple character.

16. crimsondeath00

crimsondeath00 Well-Known Member

No it wasn't....
    A beautiful, beautiful and thoroughly challenging game with some interesting storylines....
    There's no need to call it the worst game ever just because you can't/won't play that type of game...
    [/quote]

I usually love those games. Saga Frontier was one of my favorite games. But Unlimited Saga was awful. It had cool characters and an awesome story but the battle system was so terrible. It made the game unplayable.

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

some of the worst games have been the most recent.

Halo3 in my books is the worst game ever.

Reasons:

-Extremely limited gameplay
    -Short campaign mode
    -Un-involved online modes
    -Lack of need to use any strategy at all, even in legendary mode
    -Extremely overrated and over 'fanboyed'
    -Any idiot who can mildly work a 360 controller can play this game.

18. iamlegend

Thats bull****...
    Developers of that era were just as interested in making games with better graphics...
    It's not as if they were saying...."we can't compete with the visuals on future consoles like the PS3 and Xbox360,so we'll focus on gameplay"...
    Even then they were trying to squeeze all they could out of the hardware they had...

I didn't find it that hard....and besides...that's what RPG's/Adventure games tend to do...

As opposed to what ? Jumping on their heads...?

There was a map included with the game....

I suggest you take a better look at games of that era...

I agree there's so many better games to be played....But many people have already played them...
    As for Secret of Mana....any RPG fan who hasn't played it at this point might as well give up...

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

They also usually managed to avoid making graphics the entire fucking game too so it was actually worth playing.
    RPG/Adventure games also tend to give you hints about where you're supposed to go next, but you never got any of those, did you?
    I liked throwing fireballs myself, but to each his own.
    I must've been one of those unlucky individuals who didn't get one then, since there wasn't one with mine.
    Pretty much all the RPGs are using a save function as opposed to a password function at that point. I don't know where you were going with that statement, but whatever.

Well, Secret of Mana was the first thing that popped into my head that came out around the same time, so I just went with it. :p

The only reason I could see to play it(LoTR) is if you're some hardcore fanboy or some such, but its still not a good game even then.

20. iamlegend

Im guessing you bought it second hand then....
    Because I know for a fact there was a map of the dungeons included...
    Yeah alot of RPG's/Adventure's were using a save function at the time...
    But there were still alot using a password system....to cut costs mainly

It's not a game I would be enthusiastic about playing now...
    But I did enjoy it in my childhood, and I know other people who did...
    Not the worst game ever.....not even close