1. This forum is in read-only mode.

world wide virus on april 1 2009, conficker virus

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yup, someone on this forum got it a while back and we managed to help them get rid of it.

3. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

im scared!!!!

4. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Hah, I fear no virus! Linux FTW.

The most a virus could do is delete my /home, and I have backups. Linux is designed in such a way that the only way your system could be damaged is to be a doofus with it (e.g. set your sudo permissions to ALL=(ALL) or not check the source!!)

5. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the virus pop up on my computer to say "APRIL FOOLS!"

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

What symptoms does one experience to say you've been infected by this worm?

7. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

According to CBS News, if you have problems with your internet connection and/or can't turn off your computer you may have the virus. Go to Microsoft.com to make sure you don't have it, because if you go to the site and it doesn't load up, you most likely do have it.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Whew! Just tried that & I was able to connect to Microsoft's site :)

Thanks Cloudboy101.

9. CloudBoy101

Not a problem, I'd hate to see anyone get this worm.

Also, I believe Mircosoft is giving a quarter million dollar reward for anyone who can completely get rid of the worm, so anyone who has experience in that sort of area should get to work :)

10. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

I have linix so suck

11. Loonylion

And you can't even spell it?

12. futurelink

futurelink Member

Now thats gotta be an april fools! :p

13. Loonylion

they generally give rewards to people who provide information leading to the arrest of the virus creator.

14. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

how do you even make anti virus?

15. Loonylion

lots of ways, but it's pretty technical and complex.

16. jw03

jw03 Active Member

it is a cash reward (250,000) not for someone to crack/rid it. but indeed for the information to it's maker...so then they can arrest him/her. make a plea bargain for him to explain/show the crack~then he can do less time just to get out and do some more stupid crap! why don't these people aim directly towards bad places like monopilized corporate businesses, or the big guys at aig that is pocketing our $. or corrupt organizations. not everyone and anyone which includes the average person just trying to enjoy the net. it's ignorant and that person that did it needs to go to prison and get but?**@*#!. makes me scared to even download a game or anything since i couldn't afford to fix this pc!

17. CloudBoy101

Well, CBS News said the reward was for shutting it down but I'm sure info on who started it is almost just as good.

18. jw03

jw03 Active Member

yea? either way, it would be nice to see them both happen! :eek:

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Why not go for it loony?

With seph, you, Patton & anand maybe you can stop this worm dead in its tracks :)

20. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

i heard that when a worm/virus or any makers of programs that affects millions of comp, microsoft hires that guy. like that : I love you bug, i think he was caught then hired by microsoft, but that was just rumours...

and the award issued by microsoft must be true cause you got to stop those that sabotage your company, or products...like piracy and stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.