1. This forum is in read-only mode.

World of Warcraft - druids: Balance or Feral?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Loonylion, Feb 27, 2008.

1. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lvl 70, 25 man raid on Crossroads, yep, thats not an asshole thing to do, not in the least... completely fair...

That has 14 year old tweekage written all over it...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

or a level 50 camping crossroads graveyard...

3. CloudBoy101

That same thing happened to me when I had a lvl 28 hunter a few months ago. I just walked out of Wailing Caverns (I was trying to solo it, too much agro though) and some Human Pally came out of nowhere and started killing lvl 10-15's at the graveyard. They might have been new and didn't understand that you'll get flagged for attacking someone on a different faction. The pally camped there forever, killing all these low lvls, and all I could do was try to call for some help and watch. This is an example of something that is totally unnecessary in WoW. You can't seem to understand why we attack small groups...... it's the best way to get back at all the shit your faction does to ours.

4. Loonylion

crossroads is auto-PvP, you can get attacked at any stage.

5. CloudBoy101

Hahaha, I didn't know that. That means the Pally just didn't feel like attacking me, because I was standing right in front of him calling him a chicken :p

6. it could've been me, I have a 55 pally, prot spec

7. Reemr

Reemr Well-Known Member

What servers? Burning Legion for me. Horde.

8. Loonylion

llane, For The Horde! :D

9. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

well It`s very interesting how narrowminded some people are and remain I mean while you watch the situation on crossroads you don't even have the slightest idea of what is or may be going on on the other continent meaning that actually the same can happen there(like a westfall raid two parties full of 70 slaughter everything standing around) though now it's the horde who is getting a negative image.

all in all : no offense meant but nobody ever expected the Alliance and the Horde to dance and sing with each other or am I wrong?

10. I've met some nice horde, its just hard to communicate is all, but I was in stv once and we killed the trolls near the gurubashi arena together for like 10 minutes, then had a friendly fight, of course I won ^_^ but he was nice

but I've seen many times on my server where horde take advantage of bugs, like 2 horde shamans went to booty bay, and used windwalk on every horde there, went onto the water, and long ranged every alliance, and the guards couldnt get them cause they were on the water -_- , so we had to sit there for two hours until they finally left (or got banned, cause I started a ticket and talked to a gm), my point being simple, don't knock either side, they both have people that aren't necessarily nice, personally, I've played both, and this is what I've noticed.

Horde -
    - Crossroads, enough said
    - tend to exploit bugs more often than alliance (though not a lot do)
    - They complain about how gay the alliance are ALL the time, and how they camp noobs for a living
    - from experience, people that play horde tend to be between the ages of 5-12 and 25+ (yes, I've seen 5 year olds play, and believe me...they sucked >.> )
    - love battlegrounds, and get really pissed when a alliance on the same quest as them kills them or gets it first, doesn't understand you can't have everything

Alliance -
    - No Crossroads, enough said
    - Go to horde territory and contested turf more often than horde alone or in small groups, rarely in large numbers
    - When we get attacked by 70's (duskwood, westfall, etc.), they just type in gen chat or ask a couple people to go on their 70's and discourage the horde 70's
    - from experience, seem to consist mainly of teens, some adults, but they are rare
    - do quests more than battlegrounds, they don't really complain that they don't win battlegrounds as much, as you can't have it both ways -_-

11. CloudBoy101

I play on Alleria, there's some kick ass people on that server.

oh yeah......... For the Horde!

Edit: Everyone who plays WoW on RomUlation should make a character on a specific server and we could make a kick ass RomUlation guild! lol, Hell Yeah! But then again, that would suck having to start over :p

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I know this is kind of old, but I would definitely go with feral.
    You can do two things at once during raids. You can either be main tank, or off tank depending on how good your gear is and since you use Agility for both Dire Bear form and Cat form, you can easily dps if you are not tanking.

Healing is great and all, but you are limited to just healing. You can't do shit for dps or tank at that point.
    Same goes for balance druids, Moonkin is pretty good except you won't be able to heal as well as resto or tank or dps using feral.

A lot of people run around with 2 or 3 sets of gear depending on their role.
    With balance or resto, you have to respec as well as switch gear.
    Feral doesn't have to switch as much gear (maybe a few pieces) and you don't have to respec.
    Most filler talent points go into dps anyway if your focus is a tank.

Did I mention that during a raid you can be dishing out dps with Cat form, and then immediately switch to Dire bear if they need an off tank to take care of extra mobs or if the main tank can't hold out. Since both forms don't use mana (besides when shapeshifting) you can aid with healing over time on any person that isn't tanking (like your healers), then go right back into cat form.

A druid off-tank is useful for when there is a cluster F of mobs or a couple big ones. Using your unused mana on your healers is nice so they don't die from the cluster F.

Really, you have 2 main roles, and 1 secondary role.

Also, spreading out your talents evenly is not a good idea for Feral since you really need Mangle to be of any use.
    For any talent tree of the druid's, you'll need either mangle, tree or moonkin.