1. This forum is in read-only mode.

World Cup Soccer: Victory Spain

Discussion in 'Sports' started by athemoe, Jul 11, 2010.

1. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Sweet i made a bet with my friends they would win!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph watched the actual match and I was watching BBC live text. Both sources said it was a bad call.

3. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

1. The goal was NOT OFFSDIDE

2. Spain, FINALLY a World Cup trophy! My dreams have come true!

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Oh come on. The result was 0-1 people, meaning the netherlands didn't got a goal in. If Spain didn't got a goal, will the netherlands win? It would be a draw.

I know and must admit i didn't watch the actual live game due to the time and my sleep-ridden body... but i must say,a goal is a goal, and without a goal, then nobody wins.

I was a good, tough match i guess. And every team that lose always have somethingn to say to the other team.

People, admit this, if Netherlands would have won, you will also say something too to Spains team, and Team Spain would likewise say something against the Netherlands with the same reasons you all posted above.

5. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

Well The Netherlands number 11 had two chances to score but choked. Looks like the Netherlands are the second banana for the 3rd time! :eek:
    Well it can't be a draw after the 2nd Extra Time finishes and they are still tied they go on to Penalties, and if they went to penalties Spain would have still won cause they seem technical. By the way has anyone heard of the german octopus that predicted that spain will win and they did, it I've heard it predicted over 300 times and it was only wrong twice. :eek:

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Thank you for the explanations. I was trying to say. even if hell freezes over and the score still tied, neither Spain nor Netherlands will win. Somebody must make a score, and in this game, Spain did and they won.

I have the feeling somebody is saying that if Spain didn't goal, the Netherlands would automatically win the World Cup Finals. To be honest, if the Final would had been Netherlands vs. Germany, I would curse the Netherlands to lose down to the deepest pit of Hell.

But I'm bigger than that and I wont.

So, I'm congratulating the match and not saying bad to either sides.

7. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Ehh Spain deserved this cup, they played well but it doesn't change fact that I was supporting Holland.

In my country everyone hates Howard Webb, in some important match we played (I don't remember which, it was about 2 years ago) he said that some our goal wasn't goal at all and he didn't credit it and we lost because of him.
    "Nóż w plecy, siekiera w łysy łeb,
    oby zginÄ…Å‚ Howard Webb!" <- there was something like this. I'll try to translate it but I'm not really able.
    Knife into back, an axe into bald head,
    may Howard Webb die.
    Umm I know, it doesn't look good in English, mainly because of my translation.

Congratulations, Spain! You played well, uh :(

8. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

it already was offside before they made a goal dammit

9. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

it was offside not when he scores but before that. howmany schwalbes had spain made? something arround 5 and the netherlands?

spain didn't deserved it. Heitinga didn't touch inesta and for that red???
    Post Merge: [time]1278927676[/time]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH_bRRGAtM here when the ball was kicked in the first seconds deffenitly offside. proove
    Post Merge: [time]1278927972[/time]
    [​IMG]
    Post Merge: [time]1278927996[/time]
    would you want any more proof?

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

how was it offside?
    the first pass that didn't get through iniesta was onside, he was inline with the dutch player. This is irrelevant anyway because he never touched the ball or interfered with play which makes him inactive. 2nd pass he was MILES onside.
    Theres nothing there for any offside claim whatsoever.
    Anybody that thinks it was offside look up the rule properly and then go watch it again on youtube.

Also, for the sore dutch losers, holland should have been down to 9 men at half time so claiming the referee wanted spain to win is just pathetic

11. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

[me=Omega_2]keeps finding strange threads today...[/me]

12. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

welcome to romulation ^^

13. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

More like "welcome to level 13 of romulation, here we house the rant boards"
    Had to take the stairs to get here, damn elevator doesn't 13th floor.

14. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

This is for all the people who think the referee was biased towards spain
    [​IMG]
    straight red card if i ever saw one

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Howard Webb was hopeless, he always is. I've seen better refs in a sunday league. I lost interest in the world cup after the first knockout round, bring back Cowdenbeath on a cold and wet tuesday night!!

16. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

yeah but spain has done a lott of schwalbes and holland not

17. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

The best thing of the final was in the beginning. The players were waiting to get in the field but then a man ran on the field tryed to grab the trophee.

18. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

Did you guys notice that the referee gave yellow cards to Netherlands 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. But Only 3 then got a red card.