1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WIZARD OF OZ RPG IS FInALLY HERE!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mcoupe69, Oct 10, 2009.

1. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

hmmm just to know, exactly how many spirits are there?

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

holy shit this is a game!! Is it good??

3. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

fairly easy rpg, good graphics, weird take on wizard of oz and theres lots of little things that i think make the game pretty fun/decent :)

4. Yenifer

Yenifer Well-Known Member

That's a nice game mit great graphics and a sweet girl in a hunny-sweet- lace dress ;D ... yes ...
    but I can't stick to it. There is not enough space to move, cause you have to stay on the yellow brick road. Some ideas are pritty nice ... like collecting fairys to f.e. enlighten a torch and stuff, but the story develops slowly :) and I got the Groundhog Day - feeling...

To baaad ...
    But may be it would have had a chance if nobody dumped A witch's Tale a day later ;D ... badass witchy VS nice girl in Red Shoes ... ::) both RPGs!

The witch totally wins, Sorry Dorothe ...

5. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

^ It isn`t dumped on Romu already, is it? Only the japanese Version of "Witch`s Tale".

6. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

USA out too sarah :p

awesome..got mustard on my keyboard :I

7. Yenifer

Yenifer Well-Known Member

i didn't want to believe it, but it truely got dumped yesterday. Yeah! The witches finally learned how to speak in english, and the game is fun ... the style is so nightmare before christmas at some places. GO and get it, darling.

8. Sarah Kreuz

Enjoy your meal! :)

I was useing Romus Searchengine with the Keywords "A Witch`s Tale" and even the "witch`s" and a simple "witch" didn`t lead me to the Game. No wonder about that...it`s dumped as "A Witchs Tale". It`s been downloaded at 1 o`clock (and it`s 22.15 a.m here in Germany aaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) - 56k rules.

thx anyway

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You all should know that this isn't the first Wizard of Oz game on any console at all.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=wizard+of+oz&platform=0&s=s

Just so you know of course :)

10. crazytuna

of course not
    but it's the first beyond the Yellow Brick Road :p

11. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

There's four spirits. They only allow you to access blocked off areas though, so eh... not really game-changing unless you must see every area.

I'm pretty disappointed by the game though. ;__; The actual story of Wizard of Oz is not at all followed beyond the characters, & disappears entirely after the first two 'cutscenes'. The graphics are gorgeous (for the DS), but being so confined kind of spoils them. The battle system... painfully simple. The trackball just makes me wonder 'WTF, why complicate walking?' & frustrates with frequent mistaken menu opening.

I played for a little over an hour, before almost falling asleep. Too many decent/great RPGs to bother with this one. I'm so glad Romulation exists, so I wouldn't have to spend money to find out this one is a total dud.

12. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if the ending includes " I wish I was back home in Kansas" LOL

13. crazytuna

yes that also made me go wtf
    I mean why would you even bother do something like that?...

14. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

I found out what Toto's tricks are, after rooting around the internet a bit. @_@ If you leave Dorothy idle for a while, Toto will flip onto his back, or stand on his hind legs, ect. Entirely pointless, in other words. lol

15. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

well we couldn't expect it to be some kind of special attack where the 2 1/2 pound dog flys in and saves the day with laser beams.. but yeah that is kinda lame..i still havn't even noticed that yet

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

WIZARD OF OZ? the same wizard of OZ about a girl in blue skirt meeting a tin can man, a scarecrow guy and i think a lion guy?

17. Sarah Kreuz

yeah, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTkgAL-bxVY&feature=related
    :D :D

But it`s the japanese Version. Don`t know if there was kind of a Manga-Remake of it.

18. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What do you mean Japanese version?

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

a manga? i would read it XD

20. kyranasa

kyranasa Well-Known Member

WHOO-HOO FOR LIVEING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE LIKE ME .....