1. This forum is in read-only mode.

(Wish I Could Make It a Poll): Is Nurse Joy Mean?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Lephantome92, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

lol maybe Nurse Joy removed his move when she took Ash's Pokemon to heal them!!

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but really, it wasn't Ash's choice. Pikachu got sick by accidentally overcharging itself when it got trapped. When Ash went into battle with Pikachu, it released all that excess electricity and it became electro ball. At first I thought it replaced Thunderbolt or Quick Attack but after using both moves in the battle I was like, WTF? It forgot Volt Tackle!?

3. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

Why would it need to forget one? He has used more than four on a given Pokemon loads of times.

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Nope. They're using the official rules in the anime, 4 moves per pokemon.

5. Lephantome92

I guess I should watch some more of the anime before making a personal judgement. its been a heck of a long time since i watched the anime. the last anime i remember watching was back in the 3rd generation

6. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I wasn't disputing; I was asking if you knew when they started that. The Manga may always have done so, but I know the anime hasn't.

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I like the part where people are talking about the anime more than the game.

Amd when I leave the hospital I always get "Hope to see you again", it's more politeness than anything.

8. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Yeah I love that part because, you know, it hurts everything so much.

I agree about Nurse Joy's saying though. It concerned me once when I was younger I will admit.

9. Lephantome92

there was a time in the past where you were older than you are now?!?!?! :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, the least she could say is something nicer, like "i hope you do well" or "OMFG TAKE CARE OF YOUR EFFING POKEMON!!!!!!!!!! THEY DONT LIke FAINTING YOU DUMBA$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ok, maybe not the last one, but still, there's a plethora of things she can say instead of her little happy statement of evil.

10. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I'm afraid you read my post or incorrectly or misunderstood.

Yeah, before the Marts were in the centers there was NO reason she should say: "I hope to see you again."
    If you look at it in black and white. Using more color, you see that she can "hope to see you again." without hoping your Pokemon get injured.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

IIRC in red/blue/yellow she said 'we hope to see you again'

12. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Yeah she did. I was saying it could be taken two different ways.

13. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I think that I remember this from when I was a kid too. There were lots of inconsistencies between the anime and game series, I suppose it would have been to constricting to make the anime conform to the games' rules.

14. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I always took it more as in the lines of "We hope you bring your pokemon back here when they are in need of attention." Taking more of a nurse like fashion of, if you sick make sure you get checked on. o3o

15. Echo50

Echo50 Active Member

Nurse Joy is the head chairmen of all the poke gangs remember thats just her evil disguise.

16. Lephantome92

but if she's the head chairman of Team Plasma, why does she give you your Pokemon back after healing them?

17. Echo50

Echo50 Active Member

Because if she stole your pokemon people would call the cops on her she has to keep her disguise up and she feeds info to the fake leaders like N.

18. Lephantome92

"OK, this kid has really valuable Pokemon, but he looks easily defeat-able. Grab your team of lvl. 100's and get him... No, not the ones that look adorable... Yes, the ones with all maxed-out stats. OK, gtg, another person is here"

19. Echo50

Echo50 Active Member

hehe lol

20. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzofMTk28U&feature=related this is funny too