1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Windows 7, is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by diskjocki, Aug 7, 2009.

1. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

All I gotta say, Windows actually improved from Vista to 7, although I hate Microsoft. Windows 7 is a weak copy from Mac OS X and Linux "Crunch Bang"...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Its when they started copying mac again that things went badly wrong (i.e Vista).

3. mininggast

mininggast Member

Agreed

4. feeltheresch

feeltheresch Member

I have it for my main OS and I can't believe how fast it is. I am not normally a CRAZY PC fan but by far the best one they have made yet ;D

5. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

I'l Have Windows 7 on my laptop and it's Great , there are some small bugs in it but yeah . If you have XP i should stuck with that one , i'l never tried vista in my life , never , lol .

You ask it's worth , wel tried it on virtual pc , maybe you will like it or you won't like it . Nobody can say if it's good or bad for you , you must like it your self

Also IE8 works way better on Win7 then on my old XP machine , it even load some web page's faster than firefox does :O

6. Sox

Sox Member

Not sure if anyone heard it, but XP is shutting down beginning of 2010, only vista and 7 will be available. most software wont be compatible with XP anymore.
    Damn you microsoft, i have to learn to use 7 now

7. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

it was bound to happen. when win 9 or up comes out vista and 7 will be discontinued too.

8. Loonylion

Windows XP has actually lived more than twice its original intended lifespan, partly because vista was a commercial failure.

9. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Hmmm... So your using XP and it sys you only have one core? Okay, download a program called CPU-Z which will tell you everything about you processor! If CPU-Z says its dual-core (2 CORES) THEN
    Post Merge: [time]1261516424[/time]
    Download a program called CPU-Z (no it is not a virus) and check if it's dual-core. If it is, then there is something wrong with XP (Whcih you can resolve). If CPU-Z says that it is one cored and you are certain that it is dual-core (state your processors specs, etc.) then the program might have a problem or it is ture that it's only one core. It 's possible for a dual-core's 2nd core to be busted.

Your best bet is to ue CPU-Z. If there is something wrong with XP, reply back!

10. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was shopping in the kaufhof and I saw Windows 7 Ultimate for €299, I think the price is ridicoluos (How the F*ck do you write that word :S)

11. Loonylion

Ridiculous.

Also windows has always been overpriced if you buy it retail. When it comes preinstalled on a PC the manufacturer subsidises it.

one way around this is to buy it OEM (the system builder's version, you get a disc and a license, but no box or other paperwork). technically you're not supposed to, but as far as I'm aware, its not illegal, and it does cost less.

12. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

It's worth it for me, I got it for free.

Hey, I can rhyme anytime.
    I'm a poet and don't know it. :p

13. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

I should buy it over about 1 year
    I schould download it now....

14. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

it's kinda worth for me too since i get it free while buying new laptop... better than vista...

even tough i like XP better...

15. TomR

TomR Member

try win7 in the 64 bit version.

16. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Windows 7 is just perfection...can you imagine directx 11?