1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Will you buy Nintendo's 3DS, including legal games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Stanley, it's not like I am THAT poor - my parents' salarys are average in my country, neither too much (unfortunately) nor too little. But my country is poor when compared to for example USA, Germany or others and gaming isn't popular here. I can't get games from friends, because nobody will buy 3DS. All people I know from my school - I think you'd find in their houses... 5 consoles? Maybe 10, but no handhelds at all. In shops there are 10-20(hardly ever that many, in normal shops "with everything" there's one little shelf for everything DS-like... and this shelf is often empty) DS titles, mainly some crap and these famous ones like FIFA. And these games are REALLY expensive... 2 years ago I bought my DS Classic for 400zł, in shop one short, boring crap costs half of it (almost). I'm saving my money from long time and I have 430 zł - so I would buy for it... 2, maybe 3 DS games. And these for 3ds will be ever more expensive... ;/

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

... Better then mine.

3. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Way better than mine >:D

4. Stanley Richards

A Ninja's life isn't that hard ::)

5. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Yup, all i do is to steal 3DS when it comes out ;D

6. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Or maybe start making wiser purchases?, it sound like you buy and keep the good AND the shit for your 'best console'

dunno why you would even bother to pirate them then, seeing how they obviously won't be any good because of the system's poor limitations (lol).
    I'd be almost glad if the fucking thing isn't hacked (whether that's likely or not remains to be seen), it's giving far too many people a false sense of entitlement it seems.

7. Stanley Richards

Some people like to try before they buy,

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

yeah, but alot just use that as an excuse though and don't buy anyway.

9. dragonclaw234

dragonclaw234 Active Member

*shrugs* It depends. HOWEVER, I will buy the 3DS anyways, since AA is pretty much going to move on to there. :/ Maybe MGS 3D while I'm at it. Who knows?

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

what do you mean? i like to try every game, but im only paying for the best

11. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

so, you're saying those 50 games you own were worth the purchase, yet nothing you've played on the ds or other systems has been?

12. msg2009

with the extra cost of a ds no

13. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

With the AP systems apparently being built into the 3DS, even if someone wanted to play hacked games, it will probably take a good long while for any sort of emulation to work anyway.

14. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

Yup but only good titles that are actually worth buying

15. msg2009

thats my point, how many are worth buying?
    ps3/360 games are better, for the same price. Its not hard for me, i know where my hard earned cash will be going.
    I'll either wait till i can pirate the 3ds or wont bother at all

16. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

IF IT HAZ PAPERMANZ THEN YES

Yep, I think I will.

17. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

im gonna play a large backlog of DS games well into the first year of the 3DS release. maybe catch the first revision (3ds lite). If there's a flash card, great, if not ill play only a few games.

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Yeah, apparently, no ds game has ever been worth the cash.

Your xbox/ps3 games are obviously not good enough to keep you entertained/satisfied though, otherwise you wouldn't be drawn to other systems, no?

My initial point was; why even pirate something that you find so blatantly inferior (I don't even know why you are comparing a handheld to a home console anyway...)
    who would continually pirate shit that disappoints them?

19. ultra

ultra Guest

exactly, why bother with it if you know for sure that it sucks. even worse, why bother trying [or playing] it if you know it's below your standard.

his eventual comment would be, you must be a fan.... with all the games on the ds, there is at least one game that is worth buying. i thought ninja gaiden ds would have been a killer game for the hardcore on the ds. i found ninja gaiden ds to be very entertaining with the hack and slash idea. i eventually bought and tried the ps3 version, ninja gaiden sigma. sadly, i found the ds version more rewarding.

msg isn't buying video games because they entertain, of course msg and the many minions would come over and support each other. msg is buying it because it's the latest high tech product. if you look at the ps3/360, what stands out between the two is their high power tech. when people talk about these games, it's often they talk about the visuals, how stunning they look [1080p on ps3 as opposed to 720p on the 360]. if not about the visuals, then perhaps the hard drive and if not the hard drive then something else and the list goes on. look at the kinect and move thread. look at the iphone and how it'll take over the handheld from nintendo. what stands between the iphone and the ds?! the tech power of the iphone. but that really isn't the point....

yes! i would buy the nintendo 3ds, but not during release. more likely a purchase after a year or so. it's not for the possibility of price reduction but the possibility of newer versions as well as new colors and more games. who wouldn't want more games?!
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/15/heres-the-list-of-every-3ds-game-in-development/
    resident evil
    kid icarus
    star fox
    ninja gaiden

20. msg2009

When did i say no ds game was worth it? theres a couple but with the extra cost of the DS its not.

No amount of games on any system keeps me satisfied, i have over 80000 roms. I like to play all games because im a proper gamer, i enjoy gaming.
    I regularly play "inferior" games from snes, megadrive, amiga etc. They are excellent games and are FREE.

You have missed my point altogether, if you can only afford 1 system would you rather get the best with the best games or something not as good?