1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Will I get Banned?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by rpgirl, Sep 27, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I know this is an old question but I haven't really gotten the right answer so far. If you are using a jtagged or modified xbox 360, is it still possible to go online without getting banned?

And if you do get banned, what does it mean? Is it not possible to even play offline games on your console absolutely at all? I have searched the net but everyone seems to have different answers but really, is it okay to go online with a modified console?

I hope someone who has the experience and the right answer can share this truth. I am thinking of going online with Dead Rising 2 on my modified console but I don't think I can, as it is not recommended right?

Thanks!

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They can detect if you're using a flashed drive or your system is JTagged. So, no. You might as well just download the XBLA games if you want them so bad. :p Or are you talking about playing online?

3. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I was only thinking of going online, I don't know much about whether mine is a jtagged console but yes I can play burn games on a 8G disc, although it seems to have some region code block. So, I guess I can't play Dead Rising 2 with people worldwide on my xbox 360 then.

That's too bad because I could use some help with those freak'ing zombies!:p I am not too good with action games like these as I am an RPG fan..LOL

4. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

From what I know Microsoft does a research and catch those who are using a modified chip.
    So it's better for you still being offline.

5. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Okay thanks for the tips...hey is your avatar...Mafia 2, the main character??? (of topic here..LOL)

6. phscarface

Yeah it's Antônio Vittorio Scaletta a.k.a. Vito Scaletta
    Since I'm Italian American I guess I shoulda put his image as avatar
    And foe tha tips, you're welcome =D

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

There is no physical way of telling if your console has been Jtagged and 10 to 1 you would know if it was as Jtagged consoles are not common or cheap depending on the motherboard thats inside. I would say just your dvd drive has been flashed for burnt games. But to tell if you have a Jtagged console you would have a custom dashboard at boot the most popular and common is called Freestyle Dash (FSD) and you would notice the bobbing orb to you right onscreen will have "FSD" on it instead of the typical xbox "X" and you would have some extra options and folders on screen that you would not have on a regular 360 dash.

As for getting online to LIVE...no you will be banned if you are trying to play "pirated" games online, BUT there is away to get online play via Xlink Kai unfortunately I don't know anything about it to offer any more info on it as I don't fool with online play.

As for the definition of banned means no access to LIVE however there is a way to unban a console by buying a key vault code from a second xbox 360 that has never been online and personally its not worth the 40.00+ just so you will get banned again in a few minutes. I have heard/read of the entire console being disabled when it gets banned (which can be recovered but will still stay banned) but I have never encountered such myself.

Dead Rising 2, best tip I can give is get good at building crazy weapons the more exotic the better and it makes slapping zombies around easier...until the weapon breaks and you have to find some more parts, at that point mastering the art of running away is a snap. :p

:eek:...damn dats alotta werds...

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the info, judging by this, I think my console is not jtagged, but yes, it's definitely flashed to play pirated games. I am not good at Dead Rising 2 and find that it will be better if someone can play with me:p I thought there was a second player but I was wrong. And as for the online thing, I think I better steer clear from that because I don't know a thing about modifying or getting a key vault!

9. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

My friend got his drive flashed and runs it online, I don't know a lot about it but you can download something to protect being seen

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If you run unstealthed patched games, you'll get banned fairly quickly. When in conjunction with Stealth patched games, it'll take longer for you to get banned. MS usually has a yearly XBL flashed drives/modified boxes ban, in which millions of XBL users get banned for flashed drives.

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

For the most part, if you log into LIVE and don't try to play against or co op with another player you can actually browse around and might get by for a few, but if you've been playing any games that for example have not been released yet and it shows up on your gamertag you will be banned in seconds if you even make it on there.

To rehash Nats statement you can rip/download an iso, burn it to a DL DVD and run it though a program called ABGX that will verify and enables stealth the game and if it passes you have a possibility of playing online but with no guarantee of how long, of course if it fails you can still play but going online is not recommended...actually all in all it's best to stay offline as its not worth the risk and truly a waste of time trying to regain it I have seen people own a 2nd 360 that is unmodded so they can "test" games out on the modded console and buy the games they really like to play it legit online like Halo Reach and such.

Also as Nat stated about MS it is due once again for a "ban wave" and a lot of gamers are betting its going to be in Oct-Nov but in reality no one knows when it will happen. my console is already banned so I have no worries of it getting nailed again.

12. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Yeah he did say that it was stealth programme, like I said I don't know much about it and if I did flash my drive I wouldn't go online also I will mention the yearly bans thanks. Maz

13. phscarface

The sad is that not only be banned for modded console but also for fake zip code/adress in your e-mail.
    Here in Brazil neither PSN or LIVE doesn't support, so the players of Xbox and PS3 and me that play in PC create fake e-mails account, as if we live in the USA so we can play online, but the "ban wave" as Thasaidon mentioned, is a fear among us, even having original console here you have the risk of being banned for that.
    In most cases my comrades get pissed off cuz they payed lotsa money (games got more than 80% of taxes based in it's original price here) just to play online, but when you register with your original e-mail, you go play online, then you receive a messege that LIve doesn't support your country.

So those that play and live in a country that LIve doesn't support, watch yoself out there, even original is banned in that case.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Has this happened to anyone you know with a legit console?

15. phscarface

Yes Natalie, with legitimate consome and original games, been banned for playing online using fake e-mail.
    Cuz as I told, LIVE doesn't support us, so we create fake e-mails.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Oh okay, I think partly the reason for this is probably pressure from video companies to prevent the US copyrighted content from going out to other countries and other stuff like that.

17. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

So what about watching movies using the USB and it says I need to update to do just that? Does that mean I actually have to update and go online in order to watch my own movies on the console? It's a pain because I don't want to waste burning discs. All I want is to watch a movie from a USB.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You need to download a video compatibility update (to play DiVx encoded videos I believe) to play such videos, you'll have to go on XBL to download the video update. You don't have to stay online to use it.

The only way to circumvent the update is to convert your videos to wmv. Or burn your videos onto a DVD.

19. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I was able to download the update for the Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, burn it to a CD, and give it to my cousins for their xbox 360 (they didn't have the internet). They just installed it by putting the CD into the xbox.

Can the same be done with other updates, like the video codec update?

20. Reider

Reider Modereider

As far as I'm aware, yes. I had to update my 360 through discs before I finally managed to get a wire I could run into the room where I usually keep it.