1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WiiWare Mega man 10 Bass

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by saher1175, Jun 3, 2017.

1. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Is there some sort of hack or patch that lets Bass shoot purple bullets and double jump just like he did in Mega Man & Bass ?

Or can I edit the game sprites and files to do that?

2. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

You can try searching for Gecko Codes or Action Replay Cheats. You might find what you are looking for.

3. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Nope. Only found a moonjump code and a rapidfire code. Can't I create the codes myself using some sort of hacking program?

4. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

Try downloading "Wii Scrubber". I use it to replace textures for Wii ISOs. However, I believe this software also works for ".wad" and ".wbfs" files. Create you purple bullets as a PNG file. This will act as the skin which will replace Megaman's current bullet textures. If you find it difficult to create you own texture, you can always extract the bullet skin from "Mega Man & Bass" using the same software I am providing you. This should work.

5. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

K thanks! I'll give it a try.
    What about double jumping?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if that capability doesn't exist in the game then its very unlikely you'd be able to add it.

7. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

You mean you can't give characters abilities?
    I was hoping to make Protoman use his shield while he's standing like Megaman did in Megaman 7 [SNES]

8. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Nope. It doesn't work .

9. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

I am not sure how to fix this without creating a dedicated PSA for Megaman. This could take several weeks for one person alone to make it. It is hard for me to say this, but...I do not think it is possible to create the same effects in Megaman 10 that we enjoyed in previous Megaman games. Meanwhile, you could use cheats to select an ammo which most closely fits the one you desire from Gecko Codes. Good luck.

10. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

what's that?

11. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

A PSA is an animation file for a Nintendo character, object, etc.

12. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

Why would it take so long?
    No problem. I'll do it. I got a lot of time on my hands.
    Just gimme a quick tutorial or something on what programs should I use, etc.

13. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

Editing PSA requires knowledge of Hex editing. You might be familiar with Boolean data which focuses on true/false data. To be honest, this process is so complicated that I myself do not know how to do this fully. You will have to literally edit all of the Hex numbers to achieve the desired effect. If you can do this, then Nintendo will waste no time hiring you as their next game designer and programmer.

14. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

I do have a suggestion for you, though. You could actually play as Megaman in Super Smash Bros Brawl (SSBB). Simply download SSBB from RomUlation and install Project M (or an equivalent Brawl Character Expander). I will try to provide you with the character textures (.pcs files) and animations (PSA files) myself.

15. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

What does that have to do with it?

16. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

It does not. I was simply suggesting that you could play as Megaman (from virtually any Megaman/Rockman game) in SSBB since Hex editing is done by the creators of the game themselves. For instance, the Gecko Codes I provided you follow a similar feature. They replace in-game codes with alternative ones. However, the new code we enter must actually fit in the game. For example, we can easily enter a numerical value, but if we are replacing textures, we can only replace one texture by another which also exists in the game. Since there are no purple bullets in Megaman 10, we can not simply replace the textures; we will have to insert the textures ourselves and then edit the Hex values. As for the double jump move, you will also have to edit the Hex values which as I have already mentioned, not easy (and there are not any programs to edit them). However, if you install SSBB, you could easily edit Hex values with several Hex editor designed for SSBB. Moreover, SSBB has the most texture/PSA mods available of any Nintendo Wii game. I thought you might be interested in this.

17. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

But megaman isn't playable in brawl. Only ssb4. Or is it a mod? If it's a mod, gimme that patch and hex editor thingie.

18. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

The textures are uploaded on by Brawl Mods forum. Just use Wii Scrubber to replace Lucario's .pcs textures located in "Partition 1\fighter\lucario". I will upload his motion files when I finish modding them. Until then, the only way to play as him is to use Lucario's motion file on him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017
  19. saher1175

saher1175 Guest

But why replace Lucario in particular?
    Will Megaman have the same moveset?

20. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

For now, yes. Replacing Megaman with another character will result in major glitches or crashes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017