1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WII, XBOX or PS3

Discussion in 'Debates' started by mr snow, Nov 9, 2008.

1. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

take a look at the bottom of all your friends 360 games, and look at the bottom of your friends ps3 games. The playstations will be in much better condition. Go to gamestop and compare the bottoms of each, the ps3s will be in better condition. besides mgs4 all of my games are used, and all of em still look like they're just off the shelf. The way the discs are loaded keeps em safe. and your ps3 wont f-up the game just by playing it. two of my friends have that "ring" around the bottom of their 360 games.

2. BioWarfare

BioWarfare Active Member

Wii or 360.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My laptop can do them.

If you want blue ray-and a bunch of features jsut about every device such as a pc can do-get one.

If you actually ENJOY games then that is a different matter altogether.

Thanks to my laptop-I don't need a ps3.

...Sure I bought a ps2 recently-but I just got sick of waiting for the emulator to speed up, and sadly, I'm stuck...

Laptop barly plays RE5 :(

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

no MGS4 and GodoW3 for you then.

as metter of fact, PS3 now only cost 299.... IIRC same price as 360, so price is no longer the issue here.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If it had ps2 compatibility then I would have moved.

The newer cheaper models...don't suit me.

Yeah I miss out on mgs4-but i have all the others.

Sure i MISS out on GOW3-But I got the other 3...that and wikipedia to fill me in on the story.

Here is something-before I got RE5-I watched youtube clips showing the story-so I knew about the game...

All because I knew (or thought I knew) my laptop would struggle...turns out it worked XD

But still...even the 360arcade is out of my budget.

6. calvin_0

I really dont understand why people are so obsess with BC, i mean its not like there is law agaist owning PS3 and PS2 at the same time......

i got PS3, i still got my bulky PS2 siting next to it >.> too bad i dont have space to display my PSX along with them XD

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Where I primarly play, I am resticted on space...

Bedroom-Wii and gamecube, some tims the ps2 is swapped with the wii.

The gamecube doesn't move as I'm burning games constantly-and the wii isn't hacked.

Living area-Soniq dvd player and wii/ps2

The dvd player is rather wide-no real room...

The wii just fits-the ps2 needs to put way up the back of the cupboard it's sitting on (it's a slim btw-and no room to leave it sideways...and I dislike leaving a console sideways-not healthy).

So space restricts me-If I got a xbox 360 or ps3-I'd be forced to remove the gamecube from room space...

The dvd in main room IS NOT an option-dad only just learnt it-and at his age-it's too much work-even to teach him how to use ps2 for dvd's is alot-and some disc we own don't play on the dam ps2 :(

I prefer backwards compatibility-it saves space...

But thanks to xeno gc-I use the GC for back up games-the wii for official games.

Plus...it's just a handy feature XD

8. calvin_0

if space is your problem then get slim.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

PS3 slim is still far too large (yeah-that tight :( )

I own a ps2 slim-that's just fitting...too wide.

10. calvin_0

wow either your room is really small or you have lot of junks.....

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's the cupboard space.

These were designed for single appliences.

It can hold a gamecube, wii fine...

The other could technically hold a ps3/360 and a wii fine..but can't move the dvd player...

It's width is slighty more than a 360 sideways :(

12. blazergame

blazergame Well-Known Member

I prefer the wii since its cheaper and more fun.

13. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I was surfing the net and just read this:

"I will buy a Ps3. I dont have a PC and ps3 is all I need"

Okay Im a /unfortunately/ die-hard sony fanboi but even I just dont get that. Why would you choose a gaming device over a PC?

I know "it only does everything" but...

Oh and gaming at PC really sucks ass. I was playing a fighting game with boobies 30 mins ago and I was not able to do one single combo! However Im a decent fighting games player.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You're used to the controls for fighting games on consoles. If you were used to a PC you wouldn't complain.

15. calvin_0

you should put everything on the floor and find a small table for the TV, that way you are not limited by small cupboard, that how i did it, my PS3 and DVD player is place under the table while my PS2 is on the side.