1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WII, XBOX or PS3

Discussion in 'Debates' started by mr snow, Nov 9, 2008.

1. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

ps3 wins. the internet browser kicks ass, i might as well have cable with it. i stream all kinds of media there. the controllers are truly perfect. cordless, sixaxis, comfy, very long battery life, and charges with a usb cable. putting the usb features was a hot move. it runs silent and doesnt get hot. my friends have 360's and they sound like an old chevy. and the power supply could only run so long b4 it gets too hot. and i bet someone here knows someone who has had to repair their xbox. 3 people i know have had to send back their xbox(one of them twice). another thing people overlook is how the games load. i bet all of everyones ps3 games still look brand new. the way the game cases are and how you load it from the front keeps em clean. that piece of fabric in the drive wipes it. oh yeah and playing online is free. and there plenty of people playing. ive heard people say that ps3 sucks online because nobody plays, not true.

the 360 wins on game selection thats it.

cant comment on wii........havent played it.

2. OwLz89

OwLz89 Member

for me it has to be the playstation 3, powerful machine and also much more could be done with it, i have owned every single playstation console i have just become to use to the control pad that i can play a game with my control pad behind my back lol.....that how i get away with not getting caught by my managers playin pro evo 09....xbox to bulky and i no in a few year sony will fly past xbox as sony have design the playstation to last for a very long long time.....

3. nekosabre

nekosabre Active Member

I think I posted in here a long time ago...But, I will say again with more experience, as always I am pro-PS3. The 360 scares me with it error proneness. I didn't even have mine for half a year and it was ready to die. The game selection is losing its edge as we finally get Vesperia, and everyone knows SO4 is next ^_^ In fact, idolm@ster was really the only game series on the 360 that I looked forward to. That's on the PSP now, so I don't really need a 360 for that anymore. Oh, and that's another reason the 360 loses, region locking. Yeah, I know it's not done on a lot of games now, but it seems to be on every Japanese game I want >_<

I'd definitely say that the sixaxis is the most comfortable. I've held all three for long periods of time, and it just feels the best and leaves my hands not feeling sore.

Now, the wii....that system, is evil. It's like a Siren. It's games call you in because they look great on the outside, but once you play it you see the ugly interior and it kills you. I have yet to find a single Wii game that I've felt was worth the purchase. Oneechanbara almost took it, but it failed in the end with the shoddy costume system. The 360 had Vesperia and Eternal Sonata, which coincidentally ended up on the PS3 with much improvements ^_^ Hopefully Blue Dragon will see the same treatment. I know I'm asking for a miracle here, but we all need to dream sometimes...

As for online...the 360 has better multiplayer set up right now, but the PS3 is catching up quickly. I will definitely say, hands down, that the PS store is WAAAAY better than the marketplace. MUCH easier to navigate, and the japanese store actually is different. Whereas in the marketplace, you barely see any differences, even with there being a lot of Japan exclusive games. The nintendo store...horribly expensive. I can buy an actual game from the PS store for less money than i would have to pay just to get a super nintendo game that I could just download and play on my PC. Trust me, Nintendo is really greedy. The marketplace is a slight more expensive than the PS store, but it's not by a terrible margin.

Now, about the OS or whatever you want to call it. The PS3 has the best design. The Wii channels aren't really all that interesting, and the NX whatever it's called, was a big letdown to me. I really wished that I could go back to what I had before. Especially since all the themes that I had paid for, were suddenly useless, and basically just a wallpaper. Maybe they changed it since I last had a 360, but I really doubt it. I think Sony really picked a winning formula when they used the PSP's design for their OS.

So, that's why i chose the PS3. While a lot of it had to do with sony fanboyism, and otakuism, I found out how much I picked the right system after I tried out the others. Can't wait for X-edge, Vesperia and Rorona no Atelier to drop ^ - ^

4. Silna

Silna New Member

i love the wii because of the wiibrew, but if you want to stay on the forefront of gaming, then it is a good idea to own a xbox 360 or ps3, which i do own a xbox 360(which i dont play often)

5. ultra

ultra Guest

my friend, the wii is the forefront of gaming! the 360/ps3 is "dead end" generation and the wii is the "new age" generation. "welcome to the next level" sega.

6. Zacano

Zacano Active Member

I've played Xbox 360 and Wii so I'm going to have to go with the Xbox 360 since it would be ignorant to comment on the Ps3. I've heard the Ps3 you have to download the games when you buy them and also the motion sensor isn't really the greatest thing. The connection to LIVE is free though unlike the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 has no motion sensor, so people like Loony can just relax when playing a game and the graphics beat the Wii. I'm not sure about the Ps3 but definitely the Wii. The Wii is motion sensored like the Ps3 but the graphics are of lower quality. They're trying to make shooters for Wii but I honestly doubt that'll turn out right. Also, Xbox 360 has the larger amount of shooters out of all the groups.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wii and PS3 motion sensing are entirely different, the PS3 just involves rotating the controller and moving it up and down, not waving it around like the wii. PS3 does not require downloading games, you buy a disc like you always used to. (although some games you can download).

8. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

You could make a pool you know!
    Anyway the Wii beats all the other consoles ! It is high-tech.

9. Loonylion

actually the technology the wii uses is ancient.

10. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

The Wii's technology in comparision to both Natal and PS3 Motion Controller is poor.
    I mean, when Nintendo announced the MotionPlus, they pretty much admitted that the Wii controller was flawed from the start.
    PS3 Motion Controller has a far better lay-out of buttons and is what the Wii remote should have been from the start, also it's clearly been worked on for quite a while as well because the PS3 EyeToy wasn't really anything better than the PS2 one.
    Natal looks like it could really give MS a boost in the social market, and do what Nintendo sought to do from the beginning: anyone can come in and instantly start playing a game because it controls like real life. It does make me feel though that Microsoft are trying to make some Middle-Of-The-Road console that gets audience from both Sony and Ninty, it also gives casual owners the step-up to more core games that Wii lacks meaning that MS can build a permanently growing core audience as their casual audience will become their expanded core audience.

I admit that Sony may be going for a similar approach, and will be getting their attempt a bit earlier as Motion Controller is almost complete while Natal is still a few years off (blue screen in the advert...), but I think Motion Controller is aimed at the core audience but adding onto the SixAxis experience by making more immersive games that control brilliantly. I think MS have got the best future technology incoming in a business sense but I personally think it's just a bit of a late EyeToy clone except it's had more publicity instantly and has clearly got more projects incoming (I don't think Sony and Disney really pulled a lot of people to the EyeToy). I'm gonna stick with my Wii, PS3 and PC and go with motion controlls rather than my body alone.

11. ultra

ultra Guest

remember that it isn't about technology but how you use that technology and what you make of it.
    there was a recent interview with nintendo of america president, reggie, which he says that the way sony and ms display their motion controller is based on technology, that is sony and ms sell their things in that people buy it not for what it can do for you but for the expensive parts [the technology of the device]. what a silly idea. when i buy a computer, i dont' buy it because it's technological parts but what i can get from using the machine. what a silly idea. so what sony and ms may have a better motion controller then wii, it is nothing until you can show us what you can do with it.

"...when Nintendo announced the MotionPlus, they pretty much admitted that the Wii controller was flawed from the start...."

this is such a funny and ridiculous idea. when you build something, you don't build it in perfection the first time around. how come? because sometimes you don't have the means to make it or that the means to make it is too high.

lastly, [http://kotaku.com/5287052/nintendos-reggie-finds-natal-ironic-talks-facebook-virtual-console] reggie says it all, the wii motion controller is now and available and the ps3/360 owners have to wait. it is great that natal and eye toy is great but you have to wait. lol!

12. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

heres another problem that i have with the ps3. that stupid dns error on the ps network.

13. Loonylion

that's nothing to do with the PSN network or the PS3.

14. ultra

ultra Guest

the ps3 has wifi and i can't get the internet connected. i auto-detect, select my router and enter password and i get a failed message. i did the same on my wii and it was a breeze. talk about problems.

15. Loonylion

I have never had a single problem with my PS3.

16. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

lucky you

my systems crashed before and i lost all my data and lately i havent been able to get connected to the internet even though it says the connection is at 95-100%.

17. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

Xbox all the way mutha f#$%rs heheheh

18. Loonylion

until you get a RROD

19. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with my 360. I'm not saying that I won't....but the first PS3 that I had (80 GB version) wouldn't play blu-ray movies. And the Wii that we had would shut itself off in the middle of a game. ???

While it is true that MS had had more than it's fair share of problems with the 360, but I've not been what you would call blown away with the quality of the other systems either. I know that the 360 has a higher failure rate than the other systems put together + some. So there is no need to argue that point with me. All that I'm saying is that all three systems are made by human hands, and we all know that anything man-made is doomed to fail......eventually.

20. Luster117

Luster117 New Member

Every console has it's strong points. The PS3's main claim to fame is it's awesome graphics and added features. But if you look closely, there are few unique and interesting games. The 360 is a very tough competitor, game and graphics wise, but for bargain hunters that buy the arcade, it's a huge ripoff ( I didn't even mention the time when my friends 360 red ringed and killed the power). Finally the wii. I've owned one for 2 year now and it's starting to get a little tired. The games are too diverse for there own good. If you like a game genre specifically, you will not have any good choices. I am a fan of adventure and mind games, and I've been gearing towards my PC for entertainment because there are few choices for wii that will keep someones attention for more than 10 minutes.