1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii Soft-Mod Information

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ace1o1, Mar 3, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

the ps2 is what im looking forward too

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

PS2?...
    I haven't delved into that soft-modding scene yet...I didn't really like it much. Plus, in order to install the soft-mod, you need Swap Discs, which you might as well use instead of the soft-mod.
    I probably won't make one for PS2.

3. souap

souap Active Member

Hmm... Any chances Metroid Prime Trilogy might run on my Configurable USB Loader? It runs awright on the USB loader GX, although it loads the games separately, but on the other one I just get up to the screen where you get to choose among the 3... Then it takes me back to the wii menu... And on a side note, I'd like to thank you once again for the past help, now that I've finally managed to get things up and running... Well, to a certain degree at least...:p

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Try using Pimp My Wii to update all of your IOS' to the latest. You'll be able to play most games then, as I can play MPT without a problem. - http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/08/pimp-my-wii-200.html
    And you're welcome. :)
    Not a problem at all.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Enable the #002 fix on USB Loader GX and you are able to load almost all games :p

(I'm actually starting to understand modding Wii's :p)

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Good!

Uloader is another choice of mine, but you'll need to have IOS222 and MPT alternative DOL files.

7. yoshi2889

I used uLoader before, but it didn't suit my needs.

If you don't mind nice looking menu's and just need a good loader then I recommended uLoader.

If you got USB Loader GX working you have uLoader working. It works on IOS222, like I said before.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Mhm. But I would recommend using IOS249 for USB Loader GX and IOS222 ver4 installer for Uloader.
    cIOSXrev20b takes care of most of the Wii games problems that were in rev19, so just about everything is playable with just cIOSXrev20b as IOS249 with base IOS57. :3

9. yoshi2889

I just have USB Loader GX with IOS222 and cIOS249, #002 fix on and it plays everything I ask it to :3 :p

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need more than that to run certain IOS'. I used Pimp My Wii to update mine, but then, I have DarkCorp, so I don't wanna install anything else on it.

11. yoshi2889

As long as it runs games fine I won't update/install anything.
    That's rule one for me :p

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I was getting Error #002 with nearly all disc games.
    I had to ditch DarkCorp cause it was the problem. :p
    I just fixed the problem with Pimp My Wii today. Took nearly an hour of figuring how to go about it since Pimp My Wii was giving me errors. Finally figured it out though.

You will need newer IOS' when 4.4 or a higher number comes out. I have most of the 4.3 IOS', but I'm still on 4.2. :)
    Heck. I even downloaded some of my purchased items from the Wii Shop Channel as well cause I can. XD

13. yoshi2889

AW PLEASE, STOP THE PRESSES
    I can't hold it anymore...then I have to install this and then I have to install that...I'M GETTING DIZZY!
    I won't upgrade anything. Not even when I want to...

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You'll have to in time. ::)

Just don't update your firmware unless you REALLY want to.

15. yoshi2889

Owkay I got two GC games running via the Disc channel.
    My controller is almost broken, but it works. I need to get a memory card too.

Games tried:
    - Luigi's Mansion > OK
    - Super Mario Sunshine > OK (dad got it in 15 mins...burned and all :eek:)

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It only takes me a few minutes to burn a GC game. :p
    But a multi-disc takes a while longer.

17. yoshi2889

Me too!

Mario Kart Double Dash works fine too.
    The only thing not working right is my controller...
    Ah well. I can play the games :p
    Though I HATE discs...you must walk to the wii to switch the disc.......and to go back to the Wii menu!

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's not so bad. Not as bad as having to use Wii game discs. Some nights I play 7-10 different games. :p At least there's USB loading. :)

19. yoshi2889

And I use USB Loading for Wii games :p

I hate discs for these reasons:
    - You must swap them to play different games
    - They get scratched, and you end up with having a broken disc
    - They get broken
    - They are stupid round things that you must take care with or you'll lose them.

20. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

If you would stop manhandling stuff you wouldn't have that problem, I bet you've tried flinging the disc's from your chair at the wii in hopes it will land in the drive slot and there was just enough force behind it that it gets pulled in and if it doesn't you find something soft to toss at it to get it to load and if that doesn't work you yell "screw it, didn't wanna play anyway!" and get up and leave the room. :p