1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wii owners, your thoughts of it so far and the future???

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ultra, Jun 18, 2007.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

there are only ports of scarface, godfather, mortal combat armagedon, the big [the new baseball game]....

graphics still proves to be a better player in gaming, people prefer the psp version of puzzle quest then the ds version. but i like the ds version because it feels proper when you tap on the two gems to swap rather then having to move a cursor across a grid to switch the gems, especially when you have to go everywhere.

2. miso2002

miso2002 New Member

Your right about the ports, That was my bad. I just automatically ignore most of them because I consider them to be crap. I was simply saying that the Wii is a viable alternative for those who own either an Xbox360 or PS3. More people will have the 360/Wii and PS3/Wii combo then a PS3/360 combo.

3. Khrene Cleaver

Khrene Cleaver New Member

I think it's like this: Microsoft and Sony are taking a direct approach and trying to out do each other, when Nintendo finds it own path, and sneaks up on Sony and MS and WHAM hit them with something unexpected. In other words I think that Nintendo ain't dyin' just yet they've got a few more tricks up their Japanese sleeves.

Also Nintendo puts fun over graphics, Just look at the the Game Boy, it didn't just survive the Neo Geo it owned it. I've always liked the Game Boy, although for main consoles so far I've chosen PS1 and PS2 over the 64 and the GameCube. But I've also had the Nintendo handhelds and when the PSP came out I got the DS instead. Although I might invest in a PSP cause they have emulators for other system playable on the PSP.

I still haven't decided on the new system to buy though. I should have enough money saved to get any of them, Most likely I'm gonna get a Wii or a PS3 cause Microsoft is pretty much copying Sony, trying to out do the competion with better graphics and newer games.

Lol I just signed up tryin to get a some roms and stuff, and I don't remember how I got to the board really. ;D

4. Dialga.888

Dialga.888 Member

;DI exceeded My expectations because you can send messages to your friends E-mail and you can watch Youtube videos on the Wii's internet Browser ;D Also The Wii is good for exercising.

5. Dialga.888

Dialga.888 Member

The Wii Is also a Family console so its not just kids that are targeted. The Wii is targeted at families and exercise!

6. Solm

Solm Member

I think the wii does exactly what nintendo intended it for FUN. I love wii sports and have five games so far. I also have a 360 but I don't compare it to the wii as they are both fun consoles for different reasons. If anyone want to PM me there mii code, that would be great, just to warn you I'm a mature gamer (married with two kids) so no need for kids to send on mii code.

7. cwazycwis

cwazycwis Member

IMO the Wii will still be around, the Wii isnt offering better graphics, but that doesnt mean it will fail. for eg, the dreamcast had F**king awesome graphics for its time, but it became extinct, due to no good games coming out, apart from badly made 3d sonic games. The Wii can create compelling titles with great storylines, just the same as any other console, and graphics dont create realism anyways, they help but dont create, ill give you a quote from Miyamoto himself, Miyamoto said"What role does realism play in videogames I ask myself. Is this image more interesting? Sometimes.. however, what if a "detailed" hand with 5 fingers is catching a bottle but the fingers pass right through it? Is this still realistic? Rather than to show each meticulous and tiny detail of a finger, it is more important to make the end action look more credible by working on the movement and functionality of the arms and the hand in relation to the object".

had to have a break from the word wall :]

now dont get me wrong, i love playing Gears of War on the Xbox360 and am thinking about buying a PS3 just for the game, little big world. They are both good consoles, and they will also prosper in this 7th gen console. But back to the question asked, yes i think the Wii will survive and last a long time. I mean were on a Rom site arent we, and i bet that at least 25% of the roms downloaded from here are retro roms, i.e NES, SNES, SEGA roms. Those graphics were horrible, especially going back to the NES, but its the playability and enjoyment, which makes us download them and play them. (or in my case run to my local gameshop and buy a NES and SMB =P)