1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wii or x360?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by link064, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

well its exactly the same as rrod but without ring

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It must be sod then...Screen of Death...

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Thats odd, why bother to redo the console and not bother fixing its main fault?
    So really whats the point buying a new one? you may just as well get one 2nd hand its half the price and is the same.

4. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

slim just has a lesser chance of this problem occuring

5. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Pros: The Wii has more of the game franchises I like (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.), is quite cheap for a seventh gen console, can cater to the tastes of casual and hardcore gamers alike, there are definitely some sweet-ass 3rd party games out there (see: Monster Hunter Tri), the Motion Plus compatible games are very fun to play and cost the same as a regular game, the online shop has many exquisite titles, both Virtual Console and WiiWare, many games incorporate exercise (could be a con, opinions vary) and , of course, the motion controls, which are taken advantage of in many different ways, but if your the kind of person who yells out "Gimmick" at the controls then just buy a classic controller.

Cons: Not very good on the hardware/graphical side of things (shouldn't be a problem if you get a good cell-shaded game), there are some crap 3rd party games out there (see: Every game that has the word "Party" in it's name), the online multiplayer in some games is severely lacking and some people find the games too casual.

I would choose the Wii over the 360 but it really depends on what kind of gamer you are. I like a broad variety of games and I prefer gameplay over graphics. Personally, I'm just glad you didn't put PS3 an option.

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

whats wrong with ps3

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

So do I, which is why I choose the SNES over everything.

If someone rocked up to me and shoved a wii and a 360 in my face, told me to choose one and smash the other; I'd pick the xbox 9 times out of 10. The only reason I'd even glance at a wii would be for NSMB, and that's only if I had my nostalgia filter on. 360 has more games that I want to play, simple as that.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Me too.
    It just comes down to which system has the games you want to play.

9. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

its all opinion which is why iwould choose wii as i can think of 5 games that arent fpses

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You must be only looking at Halo and CoD, there's a ton of 360 games that aren't FPS games. In fact, the 360 does have a broad library of game genres, just no one bothers looking past it's flagship titles of Halo and Gears.

Quite honestly, I play my 360 more than my Wii, like a considerable more amount of time. The games on the Wii only grab my attention for no more than 4 hours (this is for any game, even for the Nintendo games), and the online is the most bare bones online system I've ever played. I don't really care all too much about the lack of HD or graphics, but the lack of HD hurts it a tiny bit and the games on the system don't really appeal to me.

Other than that, one is not better than the other, it's just that I prefer one over the other.

11. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i prefare the xbox 360 i like the games alot more than the wii,
    i dont really mind paying for live, its my desicion, and i think its not that expensive, there are games like WOW that you pay 50 dollars a month to play, while the xbox you pay that much for a year.
    i can think of 5 games that are not FPS that are great for xbox:
    ----Fable
    -----mass effect 1 and 2
    ------deadrising 1 and 2
    -------dragon age origins
    --------gears of war 1 and 2

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

WoW is 15 a month, not 50 o_O

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are already Wii vs PS3 vs 360 topics, even here in the debate...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.