1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii help please.

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by hilol4569, Jan 25, 2011.

1. hilol4569

hilol4569 Well-Known Member

I don't know, you started talking bout the WBFS manager and win so it mixes me again, I don't see anything in the manager about that. Can you just send me to the mail like
    1. ----
    2. -----
    etc, So my dad and I can follow it and get it working XD

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You had it down right in the first PM you sent me with the list of how to go about doing it. You just need to repartition the HDD like people have stated before and then use WBFS Manager or whatever you were thinking of using to format the drive to WBFS and transfer games to that partition.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think he's unsure which program to use for partitioning the disk

4. hilol4569

Yeah that's it, partition manager, WBFSmanager, or WBFS_Win

Edit: Something's wrong here, when I was extracting a game, it
    "there is not enough space on the disk"
    "write error only NTFS file system supports files larger then 4GB

and an off-topic question: Why do I have to format the HDD with a new partition, while my dad's friend put games on it, but it still says I need to format?

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Dude. I gave you a step-by-step series of PICTURES.
    Screw WBFS Manager until AFTER you've made 2 (TWO) partitions.
    I don't even wanna hear WBFS until then.

To answer your last question, the loader you will be using to play games specifically wants a partition that is formatted in WBFS manager. It will NOT read on FAT32 or NTFS or any other format. This is precisely why I said to make 2 partitions, one being your normal NTFS one with all of your shit on it, and the second being an empty FAT32 partition that you format AGAIN to WBFS.

Go back to the pictures and do EXACTLY as it says.

6. hilol4569

I'am not doing that yet I wanna get the game ready D= I read the pictures like 50 times. I understand it already. It flies by my head ever once in a while XD. I'll make the partitions with manager right? Gonna start in like.. 10 minutes so I'am downloading everything atm.

7. Loonylion

It's probably a good idea to defragment the drive before partitioning it, that will make sure all the data is at one end of the drive. Otherwise, data will have to be moved during the partition resize and that will make it take at least 10 times longer to do.

8. insanecrazy07

The program moves it for you, but mine didn't take that long to do at all...

9. hilol4569

Use partition manager right? That's all I need to know.

10. insanecrazy07

Yes. Start with EASEUS Partition Master.

11. hilol4569

last question, what's wrong with the ISO again? When it said it's too big when I have have more then enough space?

12. Loonylion

FAT32 only supports files up to 4GB in size, so if the file is bigger than that it cant go on that disk.

13. hilol4569

so wait, you're saying I can't put the games there?

14. insanecrazy07

You should have a NTFS volume (the one you started with) and a WBFS volume if everything was done right. FAT32 is the INTERMEDIATE for the WBFS volume. You should not even have an error about it being too large because you should not have a FAT32 volume at all.

15. hilol4569

Wait what are WBFS and NTFS volumes?

16. Loonylion

they're different ways of storing files on disks. FAT32 is what windows 98 uses, its simple and all kinds of devices can read/write it, however it has limitations such as maximum filesize of 4GB. NTFS is what replaced FAT32 in windows 2000 upwards, its complex and microsoft won't release the source code so nothing except windows can use it properly, however it effectively does not have a filesize limit (i.e the limit is several thousand times bigger than the largest currently available hard disks). WBFS is a special filesystem for the Wii that only the wii or a PC with special software can use.

17. insanecrazy07

Look man, it's not rocket science. You don't need to know every little detail to do this right. I don't need to know every little mechanism on how a car works, I just drive one.

I have given you more than enough information to do this across two topics and a string of private messages.

You also have ace's private message conversations to pull from as well.

In those series of pictures I have created, I have
    "what you're doing"
    "with what program"
    "why you're doing it"
    It can't get any more basic or more thorough than that.

Follow the pictured instructions to the letter. If you skip a step, or do a step wrong, then obviously you're not going to get it right.

18. hilol4569

I'am following them correctly, I just don't know what's the NTFS volumes and such. Never knew what those were, now if I did, everything would flow much faster.

Should I torrent to my external HDD (computer) first then extract to my internal? Trying to figure those games, then the REST will be easy.

19. insanecrazy07

Your external should be NTFS...as mentioned last time.

20. hilol4569

So would it work if I torrent to my NTFS and extract to my internal? Would it work? Like I said, just those games and I'll be fine.