1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wii help please.

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by hilol4569, Jan 25, 2011.

1. hilol4569

hilol4569 Well-Known Member

So my dad's friend put homebrew channel/configurable USB loader on my wii. We use an external harddrive and I have no idea on how to add games to it, I hooked it up to my computer and when I clicked on "Removable disk I"(external harddrive with games) it said something raound the lines of having to format.

It's all set up with homebrew and crap, but how do I get games on it? I have a demonoid account and I was wondering if the stuff there comes in a RAR or ISO, because my local disk (internal) is pretty damn small. (6GBS). So how do I get the games? Someone I know mentioned partitions but Idk what those are and where to download them.

Step-by-step help please!!

2. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

To get roms and homebrew on the wii via external drive the drive has to be formatted or partitioned to wbfs which windows does not recognize so download wbfs manager (google it or get it straight at gbatemp), open it on the left side browse to your drive letter and click "Load" then on the right side click on "browse" and browse to the folder where your roms are then click "add to drive". Roms can come in ISOs or wbfs (in which case you'll need wii backup manager) but most of the time they'll come in multi part rar files and they can be pretty big (aprox. 8gb depending on the game).

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Or for most, if not al lof your Wii related questions, check out my Wii help thread. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411.0

It has how to burn games to a disc/add games to a HDD and tons more.

4. hilol4569

Any place I can just download the ISO?

5. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

just google 'game name' - wii - torrent

when you have downloaded it, unzip and burn with IMGBURN

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I've already told you how to shrink your partition to make space for another partition that is solely for Wii ISO images.
    Refer to your other thread.

7. hilol4569

Sorry insane, I just can't find where to download the parititions.. I'am looking for EASEAUS but I can't find one that seems trustworthy..

Oh and I can't find a place where I can download JUST the ISO, I don't have space for a RAR and ISO.

8. insanecrazy07

You don't download partitions...you make them.
    EASEUS is the program used to do that.
    Download it right from their site. I don't understand why you'd want to go to a shady site when you can get it directly from download.com or their site...

If you follow exactly what I told you to do, you won't have any problems. However, if you skip a step, a sentence, a word, then it won't work obviously.

9. hilol4569

Really sorry but I've read it over alot (messages AND thread) and I don't really get it, sorry, I'am not good with this tech stuff, and I don't know what all these terms mean DX. I've hacked my PSP and learned to upgrade my acekard and crap, but this is really just confusing me, and I'am really scared of formatting ALL of it..

10. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

There's nothing to be scared of as long as you back up all of the data on the drive.
    I'd recommend installing the homebrew channel and other programs on an SD card and keeping the hard drive solely for games though.

11. insanecrazy07

Read, re-read, triple read the section that talks about resizing your main partition. It should not erase anything at all.
    Then when you have enough unpartitioned space to your liking, create a FAT32 partition.

From there, take the FAT32 partition (which is blank) and format it using WBFS.

12. hilol4569

what does FAT32 mean again? and the WBFS = 3.0 WBFS manager right?

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Fat32 is a type of file system. Don't use it if you plan on having ISOs over 2GBs and most launchers don't like Fat32 too much.

WBFS_Win is a pretty simple, easy to use program to transfer Wii ISOs to a HDD. - http://www.mediafire.com/?txr00hniqz1

14. insanecrazy07

FAT32 --> WBFS
    meaning no more FAT32...

It's better than having two NTFS volumes and then accidentally formatting the wrong NTFS volume...
    I just designated it to FAT32 so you know which is which.

15. hilol4569

Okbefore I get started, how do I backup all my files in the HDD if it can't be opened unless formatted (formatting the wii means deleteing everything ni there right 0.o) and I have WBFS manager 3.0 atm on my desktop and when it says
    Drive: (drive letter) then load/format.
    So all I do is insert my HDD and then click format?
    and for some reason when I put in the HDD, it comes up with something that is 1.9GBs and removable disk I (that's my HDD), or should I do what CLS said? it seems much more efficent and easy..

16. insanecrazy07

Did you not read anything ABOUT MAKING 2 (count 'em 2) PARTITIONS?

[​IMG]
    We are going to RESIZE your first partition.
    In turn, you get Unformatted Space. This space will be used for storing ISO images using WBFS Manager.
    [​IMG]
    Format the Unformatted Space to FAT32, give it any drive letter you want (preferably the next letter in the sequence)
    [​IMG]
    Then take Partition 2 and Format it using WBFS Manager. It will now be usable space that the Wii system can read.
    [​IMG]
    Finally, transfer only your ISO images to the second partition that you have formatted in WBFS using WBFS Manager.
    [​IMG]
    This is my last attempt at explaining this. You'll just have to make do with what you have been given.

17. hilol4569

That makes sooo much more sense, link me to the right EASEUS and I'll get started, there's like 20 different downloads (partition master, backup, data etc) on the site.. I feel like an @$$hole for pissing you off, sorry D=

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its the partition master you want.

19. hilol4569

One last thing, where's a place where I can download JUST a wii Iso, not a RAR then ISO, I only have space for the ISO.

20. insanecrazy07

You won't be able to find many that don't have them in RARs, which is stupid as hell since it doesn't provide ANY benefit having them in a compressed format...most games don't actually get any improvement, unless it's a cheap game with mostly padded data...

You can download the RARs to your internal HDD, then transfer them as they are to the external, and then unrar it from there, and then transfer the ISO using WBFS...

Read carefully because I'm not making another series of pictures...that took way too long.