1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wifi help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Harubi, Mar 16, 2010.

1. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Hmmm... It's gotta be somewhere. Try looking in your program files or appdata directories. You're sure it isn't showing up somewhere in your all programs list?

2. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

No no, i can find it and open it but i can't get the program to go into preferences...
    Its basically an icon in the corner right of my taskbar.
    And whenever i right click it, the only option i'm getting is Exit.

Its like the rest of the program is missing or something..
    I got the program to work downstairs on my laptop....
    But the laptop runs on XP so i hope that it's not Windows 7, thats being an ass.

3. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

I think there's a way to run programs in XP compatibility mode in 7. I'm not sure exactly how to do that, though. I don't have much experience in Win7 besides a simple install. But anyway, try to find an option like that somewhere and see if that makes a difference.

4. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

I tried compatibilty mode... but to no avail... same thing... i guess i wasted my money... kinda depressing really, haha.

5. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Well I found a driver for the 703A for Windows 7 32-bit.

http://lgsagem.free.fr/Telechargement/Driver%20WIFI/Windows/Drivers-Dongles-WIFI-Sagem-XG703A.zip

After a little digging I found that this USB adapter doesn't seem to be compatible with 64-bit 7/Vista. Lame >_<

--edit--

This may actually be the very same drivers... sigh...

6. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

Hey man, don't worry about... you're so nice for taking the time to help me out these couple of hours...
    I'll just have to figure out how to get it to work tomorrow on my laptop... It's not that bad.. if i can get it to work there, i can at least USE it to go on wifi to trade or battle.

I'll be here tomorrow again, and i'll update the thread... ill definitely will need some help getting it to work there... and please god, i hope it will..haha!

7. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Well if you have 32-bit XP on that laptop then it will probably work out. And it's no problem helping, I just wish we coulda gotten somewhere.

8. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

haha you and me both!
    Post Merge: [time]1268828872[/time]
    Okay got the program to work on my laptop... did what you told me to do... what should i set my SSID to?

Post Merge: [time]1268829619[/time]
    Ok so far i figured out SSID is actually the name of the acces point..

Now i have it in my list whenever i look for an acces point on my DS.
    So i know im really close to getting it to work now, the only problem im running into right now is the problem of me not being able to to connect to the access point.

I set my wep key to my phone number, like you did... now i think what i need to do is tell the program to allow my connection... right?

9. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

As long as the thing is running you should be able to connect. If you've set up the connection on your DS, found the access point's name and entered the WEP key and everything, you should be done. Try connecting to GTS or something.

10. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

Does it matter that the laptop is on wireless?
    Post Merge: [time]1268839761[/time]
    i noticed that both the Throughput Packets/sec's TX and RX are on 0... is it supposed to be like that?

11. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Nah. The adapter software should take care of any routing necessary.

12. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

Damn, i still can't in... it's like something is blocking me

I can find the acces point... wep key is entered but when i try to test it out, it wont work.
    Went to GTS and no luck there either... something must be blocking it.

lets summon up what i got so far.

SSID: NintendoDS
    Network type: AD-Hoc
    AD-hoc channel: 1
    Transmit rate: auto
    Network Authentication: Open
    Data Encryption: WEP
    Format for entering key: Hexidecimal digits
    Key index: 1
    Key length: 64bits
    Network key: **********
    Confirm network key: **********

13. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Man... I'm thinking about this and can't come up with anything in my limited experience. I'm not sure if bridging the connections would work but it may be worth a try.

Is there anyone else around here that has any ideas? I'm pretty much at the end of my knowledge.

14. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

This is why I STEAL my neighbours connection!

:D

15. billo09

billo09 Active Member

harubi i got mine working today dude :) all i done was disable all other internet connections and changed the channel from 0 to 1 and disabled wep keys etc and now mine wors ;) how this helps mate

16. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Woah, woah. Don't disable WEP. That would be a totally open wireless access point. Anyone could use it then.

17. billo09

billo09 Active Member

woah woah.. dude i mean on the usb stick and its only powerfull wenough for wii and nds so he wouldnt have to worry ;) unl;ess he lived in a flat or sumtin

18. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

Yeah true. But you could just turn off the security whenever you want to use it for the DS. It's sort of a pain but that's what I do. I just change my router to WEP whenever I want to connect to like, GTS or something and then change it back when I'm done.