1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why wont our society recognize alcohol as a drug? Makes me crazy!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by lampslammer, Oct 20, 2009.

1. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

At OP and ignorant bitches. Question; would you rather be in a room full of smackheads(heroin) or drunks?

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Wow, that's an irrelevant question. Also quite abusive. Answer; I have no idea having never been in a room of "smackheads" as you so colourfully put it. However, based on the one smackhead I know, I think I'd prefer to be in a room full of smackheads going cold turkey than a alcoholic going through the same experience, though there's not much difference in my experience.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I'm high when I drive more often than not. I've never come close to any traffic incident. Coincidence? I think not.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

matter of time? i think so

5. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Please, don't drive when you're high. You can kill someone!

6. Void

Void Well-Known Member

^ This is what people with misconceptions of cannabis actually think.

I'm a comp sci major in college working part-time. I live a regular social life, I go to classes, I do work, I drive, I take care of responsibilities adequately and I do it high. My room mate was pretty confused when I smoked a bowl before doing homework too. It's not a drug, at least in my use, that deters me from doing things I would normally be able to do if I hadn't smoked, such as alcohol.

I used to pre-game driving with my parents and they would actually tend to criticize my driving less. Marijuana has an obvious effect, but doesn't retire coordination or physical/mental abilities, similar to tobacco which gives a nicotine buzz but is legal to smoke while driving.

7. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Fifth Gear did a test on the effects of driving under the influence of cannabis, the result was that it doesnt make any significant difference. Weirdly enough the guy actually preformed better on the tests while high.

8. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I surrender. I've taken a look at this and this, and I have to say, you were right.

I think I'm going to throw away my DARE shirt now.

9. shin1986

shin1986 New Member

In my opinion Alcohol is not a drug at all. it depends on the person who drink it.

[​IMG]

10. corprlfish

corprlfish Well-Known Member

I still don't trust it.

11. gaynorvader

That's more than likely because you've been brought up on lies and propaganda.

12. corprlfish

No, because it's illegal -_-

13. gaynorvader

It used to be illegal for women to vote. It used to be illegal for 'black' people to sit at the front of the bus. Something being illegal has absolutely no bearing on whether it is good or bad.

14. corprlfish

I don't care, I try to stay away from all things illegal -_-

15. gaynorvader

Because you were brought up not questioning why laws were laws. To do what you were told.

16. corprlfish

Yes, That's exactly how I was brought up, I was tought that breaking laws was bad and to not question them.

17. gaynorvader

Because the government is infallible? Because things never change and laws drawn up decades ago are still relevant today? Laws are made to follow, but governments are corrupt and laws age and become obsolete. Questioning them is a good way to start bringing about change.

18. corprlfish

I don't want nor do I need change, none of the laws affect me in any way.

19. gaynorvader

That doesn't mean they don't need to be changed. If there was a law in your country banning people from using RomU, you'd expect people who don't use RomU to help you get rid of the law as it's an unjust law.

20. Lysergic420

Lysergic420 Active Member

OMG Don't you EVER question the government or the laws they make!
    How could they ever be wrong!
    It is obvious they know what is best for us more than we do!

Hey don't tell me you've never pirated a game before . . . You should rot in jail!