1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why wont our society recognize alcohol as a drug? Makes me crazy!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by lampslammer, Oct 20, 2009.

1. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

I'll bottom line it. alcohol clearly effects your body and mind when you use it. Alcohol gets you "high."
    it's a drug. But when any anti-marijuana group starts bitchin about drugs, they don't say s**t about alcohol.
    You know why? because most of these anti-marijuana people have a cabinet full of wine, or a fridge full of beer. Because for some reason it's ok to get drunk, but not ok to get "high." as if theres a difference. I've seen my grandpa bitch about legalizing pot, while he had a glass of cognac in his hand.
    The hippocracy is too much. AND BY THE WAY I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE DRINKING I DO TOO. THATS NOT MY POINT.

2. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

Re: Why wont our society recognize alcohol as a drug? Makes me crazy!

Well red wine is good for you.

3. rokkubr

rokkubr Active Member

But it is still a bad idea to drive after drinking it,you are absolutely right the thing is alcohol got a bigger acceptment because most people think it looks cool to would a glass of wine,but what piss me off is the fact that something so freaking harmfull like cigars is legalized,it got formol on it smoking is like making sure that after you die on a yearly age your body take a little longer to decompose.
    Truth is there is no real reason to ban marijuana,if someones says high people are violent so are drunk people,that the smoke bothers everyone,well cigar make smoke too;that it is harmfull.So is alcohol,cigar and pretty much every drug there is.

4. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

You can always live in Arab countries.
    Or learn to trust people.

5. lampslammer

Hell im drinking Sierra Nevada right now, i love beer. Thats not the point. The point is the hippocracy. Absolutely no drugs!..................but you can drink your ass off. My family cant stand when i take a bonghit, but has no problem with drinking, they all do. Which is their right i have no problem with that, i do it too. But i dont want to hear about how immoral smoking weed is when you got a beer in your hand.

6. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

that's only like if you have 1 glass a month.

I agree, but alcohol does not give a high, it's a downer, like heroin. It makes me angry when I live in a society where people can't even think for themselves. People don't think anything bad of alcohol because it's legal... but that's only because if it was illegal there would be uproar!

People go out drinking and can end up getting into fights and going to hospital... it's almost happened to me a few times, but with something like marijuana, an illegal drug, this would never happen. It chills you out and if anything makes me you more friendly towards other people. Alcohol costs the NHS, here in the UK, millions each year from injuries. My mum works at the MRI (main hospital in manchester) and she's told me many times how full they get on a friday and saturday night because of idiots going out and drinking too much.

This would NEVER happen with marijuana. It's just overall not as mind effecting.

I mean, how can a drug that has so much effect on someone's mind be legal? It can change people, for the worse. It's not exactly like it's healthy either, people get liver disease from it...

I mean, I just wish people would wake up and make a decision for themselves, and not let the fucking media decide what they think.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Goverment taxing means sadly...this won't happen.

It's an accepted drug-as stupid as that sounds.

The goverments make money off of it-like cigerettes or even gambling venues.

As much as the affect of alchol have scarred me for life...without even drinking it-it can't go away so easily...

(Also this is more of a rant-one that I like to agree with but...goverment greed protects it :( )

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

mds64 said it but i was half way through writing so i'll post it anyway

it's because it's the social acceptable norm and there's not actually a problem with alcohol it's self it's the people that drink it and the culture you live in.

you take most European countries and there alcohol consumption is high but have no issues as they are taught as children some conmen sense, this goes for most things not just alcohol.

it's only really the UK with a drinking problem some Americans think they have one but we drink those bitches under the table.

as for the NHS yes it cost millions but the government get at least three times that in profit (partly why it will never be treated any differently), the problem is they don't top up the NHS so drinking issues come out of their budget.

you could make bets on if they made UK heath care private you'd half of the issues because a bill with your hangover will make you think twice.

you can't ban alcohol it will never work you'd have moonshine popping up all over the place.

there is no point in bitching about it or relating it to other drugs, the only thing you can do is to bring up your kids to drink responsibly.

9. lampslammer

THAT IS NOT WHAT IM ARGUING! im not anti-alcohol. when did i say i want it banned?

all i'm saying is why dont we recognize it as a "drug." It is a drug.

and the only reason that matters is a lot of the anti-marijuana people bitch about how immoral weed is while they got their beers in their hands as if it's any different.

10. equitypetey

we do!

well all the health stuff given out in schools do and they have done since i can remember.

and you can't listen to anti-weed people as they know jack s**t about it, i say if you haven't had it you can't comment and those people will bitch about anything.

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

If you ask me, IF goverment who wage war on drug but let thier citizen to consume nicotine and alcohol is product pure dumb.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Then all goverments are dumb...still.

I rather listen to them than religion..but that is another unrelated story...

13. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

*AHEM* Holland.

14. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

That whole 1 glass of Red Wine every night being good for, while true, can easily be substituted with fruits.

Alcohol is a drug, it will destroy your liver like there's no tomorrow. If you drink hard alcohol religiously, say goodbye to your esophagus. Now granted I drink and only drink the hard stuff, I do it very rarely.

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

there is a study done on "Healthy Alcohol"

but as the study claim there is a good side on alcohol, but the same effect can be replace by physical activities, and unlike alcohol, physical activities dont a have downside while alcohol still give you liver disease even you drink once a week.

16. lampslammer

I disagree, that's the point of topic. You hear, "If you have a problem with drugs or alcohol ......" You don't hear, " If you have a problem with crack, weed, coke, heroin, or meth we can help." We use "drugs" as a general term to describe those, or any other substance that gets you high. Which makes sense, but for some reason alcohol is a different story and we don't call it a drug.
    I get frustrated when my very anti-drug family has a problem with bonghits while they take drugs themselves. Thats all.
    (well thats something i've been wanting to bitch about a long time)

17. equitypetey

it's separated because alcohol is socially acceptable and the word drug has negative feelings around it.

here in England it is taught as being a drug but we still say drugs and alcohol for the above reason.

18. Annanelle

Annanelle Well-Known Member

i dont know, but i've been taught that acohol IS a drug and should be treaed as much, but it is morally accepted in our society.

if your gonna worry, ask why our abcs are not kujs

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Alcohol is a drug. That is that.

20. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It's funny, when I drink alcohol I have to seriously consider the fact that I could over-drink and/or do something stupid. I could fucking die.

Hell, I can take "hard drugs" like LSD and not have to worry about that.

Vaginas and alcohol go hand in hand though.