1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why must our Parents be the ones who give us our names?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Sep 9, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

So this thread just turned into a barrage of insults aimed at the OP...and it's not being locked why?

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I'm going to hazard a guess and say maybe he deserves it?

3. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Well, children generally aren't mature enough to make up a name that is sensible. A five year old could call himself many many silly names, some of which are explicit (a very rare chance however...)

4. jackwang

jackwang Guest

Ha ha, because they are parents ah

5. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Uuuh i get what your saying, my name is sheldon. and after 17 years or 21 in your country you would of gotten so use to your name by that time, why change it.

So say now you actualy change your name from sheldon to Jackwang, people wont call you by that name! walking down a street someone calls sheldon! will you go up to them and say-- NO my name now is jackwang! its a stupid concept! ppl will think your an idiot!

the only reason i see for people to get a name change is, if they are no longer male/female, sexchange lol
    or security reasons.

other then that, no-

6. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

If I didn't get my current name, I'd probably have named myself something incredibly rude and immature.

7. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

That would be part of my opinion here.

But isn't it rude to change your name? I mean, your parents choose it for you because you couldn't think at that moment and they want to take care for you, made presents and stuff with your name on ... so all that work would be wasted. Okay, when you get a silly dumb name which is more an insult then a name, then I understand.... but just rename because you like another name more is proof to me off no respect to your parents.

8. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

brb naming myself Cawk just to hear teachers say Cawk over the intercom when I get detention.