1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why is Nintendo DS Better?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by zex_08, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I agree with your opinion, I play clubhouse games rather often tbh, a lot of the card games are better played using a console, like I prefer playing monopoly on a console then on a board, it's less complicated which is sometimes what I'm after.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I think your guys' problem is that you're not properly representing the PSP.
    Not one of you mentioned Crisis Core, God of War, Metal Gear, Dissidia, Disgaea AoD, GTA, FFT, Monster Hunter...

Just Loco Roco and Patapon wtf? (Let's just play Brawl, 4 player FFA, all items, with a Wiimote! yeah...wtf is right)

Not to mention that you have a portable PLAYSTATION, literally. You have an actual CONSOLE in the palm of your hand.

What do you have on the DS? Just DS games and GBA games. It's too bad that they got rid of the GB/GBC slot, when they had it on the GBA. Why couldn't they just use the same one? And now with the DSi, they take out the GBA slot. They're shooting themselves in the foot everytime they take out backwards compatibility.

3. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

you also have NES, SNES, Genesis...etc for both as well. And them taking out backwards compatibility is basically them promoting flash carts because people are going to buy flash carts to get DS roms and GBA, GB/GBC roms as well. (minus the GBA for DSi of course, not sure if GB/GBC works in the dsi)

4. ultra

ultra Guest

it's like what nintendo has said, it's for everyone and because of that everyone will be attracted to the various games that are offered to them.

from games like brain age and cooking mama, which offers entertainment for all ages and skill, and games such as moon and gta chinatown for game enthusiasts. this is why the ds is the better handheld.

games on the psp are not geared towards others. ask yourself, would sony have made a brain age like game or cooking mama game? the answer is yes, but not in the quality as what nintendo has done. sony would have made a game where it was a gimmick, treating those who play it as retards or non gamers. that my good friends at romulation is a F.U for all potential customers.

i take the subway at nyc and see people play games. i not only see little girls and boys play the ds but also women and men play ds games. the psp on the other hand all i ever see are teens or male adults. sony will never do what nintendo do and the day nintendo dies is the day video games die.

5. musiclegend14

they should just give up on new psp games start putting PSX games on UMD discs (or whatever you want to call them) so we can just play the greats from Sonys prime without having to pirate them onto it.

6. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

That sounds like what a Sony fanboy (or girl) would say.

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

Except that he's saying nintendo is better?

I like both of them personally. They both have good games that I'm interested in playing even though I'll probably never get another handheld beyond my gameboy color. =/

8. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure that the DS also has a fairly decent sleep-mode as well... (hint: close the system)

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

another thing I don't like about the PSP battery is it seems to drain when its not in use as in shut off not in sleep mode and the DS doesn't seem to do that. I am assuming that that is a feature Sony added in.

10. musiclegend14

or possibly you have a faulty battery?

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

No no, he's right. But I've only noticed it if I haven't played in MONTHS, not weeks or days. I wouldn't know about the DS since that one is always plugged in.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Doesn't happen to me. It's probably because sometimes you don't hold the power switch long enough so it puts itself in sleep mode.

13. musiclegend14

it also never happened to me when i had mine...but i had the original when it was first released...so it could be a certain model that has this problem?

14. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

1 game. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. DS ftw
    also, the only reason why so many crap games are on the DS is because everyone is trying to integrate touch screen usage so much so that they think it's enough to satisfy gamers. some games do use the touch screen well but most of these games are third-party cash-ins, trying to get a slice of the pie before it's too late. oh yeah, and the DS came out, what a year ago? and pretty much EVERYTHING has been done in a video game.

15. musiclegend14

the DS came out almost 5 years ago...

16. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Mine was the original 1000 model got it on 1st day release it's been dead now for a few months somehow It got broken either it got fried when I was charging it or when the cat knocked it off the table but it doesn't work and the local repair guy couldn't figure it out so I'm hanging onto it for parts.

17. musiclegend14

ah well i traded mine in maybe a year after i got it (not entirely sure though)

18. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

my NDSi is very cool it got camera and other things but the games haven't changed they are the same like the versions of games in the past

19. musiclegend14

and they aren't really coming out with exclusive DSi games...while they are making the guitar hero's and band hero games for the DS lite

20. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

sure if you are planning to buy dsi don't buy it has no changes for nds lite