1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why is it that we cry.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gameboy5.0, Nov 5, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i don't cry, im a man :p and...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY7kzdnpgJ4

2. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

thanks dude lol made me lol

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

True, over the course of my life I've lost 10 goldfish (damn toxic pond/cat's killing them/canabalism) and a dog.

Now I just admire other's pets where possible...like my mate's kitten :)

I got bitch slapped and punched by the bugger last night XD

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I was very close to one of my grandfathers and he died suddenly 3 years ago. I was the only one out of over 200 people at his funeral who wasn't crying.

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

in Chinese culture they dont cry at funerals, they hire somebody to cry for them.
    Its a matter of preference if you want to grieve privately. Also, i think the royal family don't cry in public, right, loony?

6. Loonylion

IIRC the queen cried at her mother's funeral. mind, so did most of the rest of the country. the queen mother was around 110 when she died.

7. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Hmm... and here i am thinking they are not allowed to cry when seen by the public. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just one more thing for the road, can you clear things for me about the "We're British, we don't show our emotions except for our pets." I kinda heard it from a movie or tv show, not really sure about that till now. Thanks!

* I think its from that show The Nanny and Dracula: Dead and Loving it. and some british movies.

8. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

canabalism? lmao

I'm really sorry for your loss,but don't cry dude.Everything dies one day.But yeah,if they aren't suffering anymore,you should be happy.I know,wtf am I talking about,but think about it for second and you will get the idea.
    I supposed that when a relative dies,he wouldn't want to see you sad.So,the best you can do for then is to remember the good memories with him with your ultimate care,while carrying on your life.
    On my opinion,being forgot is the end of the line,cause your life would be in vain.......so the best you can do is to sincerely accept it with your heart,and remember him with a lot of care.Don't care about crying,it makes you stronger.

...I hope I have been of some help.

9. Loonylion

It was true that the British never used to show emotion, it was called the 'stiff upper lip'. I'm not so sure about the exception and its not really the case now anyway.

10. doughboy

doughboy Guest

At first, honestly I taught you were just explaining why poeple cry, or that you were sad the DS roms were down, or cause romu is migrating (or already did, who knows)
    And now I read your dog dies :O [i need to start reading the topic :p]
    Anyways, my condolences dood...hope you feel better...
    I honestly would deal with it as any other sane person would...buy 5 dogs that look exactly the same and name them all Bobby :D
    sorry about this.... but, i read it made your day :) [did not read the topic as mentioned above]
    just one more tid-bit...you do realize mourning is spelled this way...you said morning, which made you sound a bit psychotic lol

11. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well that would be a good idea but we can not replace him. but the the good news is that this upcoming thursday we are going to get to pick a puppy from the same breeder that we got booby from. it the same parents to. so we have a good chance of geting the same smartness, spuck, friendly side, and every thing that booby had.

i do fell better but still tear up when i see his bed and toys. i do miss him.

all so share the word. tell people to keep chocolate away from there dogs if they wish to see them the next day. for me and my family we know that a dog could get sick. but we did not know that it could kill them. tell any one you know that has a dog not to have chocolate in the house.

12. doughboy

doughboy Guest

so he died from chocolate?
    i actually heard about that, but taught it was a lie, never did try it though.
    milk, gives dogs worms, as far as i know.

13. Loonylion

thats why theres special chocolate for dogs.

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

really?, what's it called?
    [​IMG]

15. Loonylion

no idea, ive never had a dog.

16. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I used to give the dog a packet of Rolos everyday-she loved it.

And I bet Loony cried when the Queen Mother snuffed it LOL

17. Loonylion

no... why would I? I never met her.