1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why flash carts are legal?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Mein, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

nBrew (dutch flashcard information site) says that in France Nintendo lost. It is there legal...
    Did Phoenix Wright did something...?

2. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Phoenix Wright aint real...

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That wasn't the case, it had nothing to do with the legality of flashcarts. The case was that Nintendo illegally protects their systems, making it much harder to develop for them without paying Nintendo a huge amount for an official development kit. The claimants argued that it should be an open system where anyone can develop for it, like Windows. And yes, Nintendo lost.

4. rwn

rwn Active Member

yea, nintendo is ran by a bunch of ass hats... what happened to the good ole days?

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

There are gone :'(
    But we will see what time brings.

There is MEABY a 1.5 DSi update coming. Some say it is a joke other not.

Oh: It will (re)block flashcards.

6. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

You don't seriously believe that do you..?

7. zekezan88

zekezan88 Active Member

Agreed.

8. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Flash Carts ARE Illegal.

People who sell them will get arrested caught selling them :).......

I live in wales(cardiff) and a guy in cardiff got his house busted into by police, and arrested him for selling them(1,200) :)...therefore they are illegal(UK anyway).
    Forums like this will tell you they are legal,nintendo will tell you they are illegal,but at the end of the day,if the law says they are illegal,THEY ARE! lol

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/12/19/uk-police-bust-pirate-confiscate-plenty-of-goods/

9. Loonylion

flashcarts are not illegal. They are sold as development devices. Nintendo may wish they were illegal, but they are not.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

That's ture, Basic just the rom's used on them.

11. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

They keep on f*cking the falshcart companies by screwing their users... like that japanese guy who got a 2.5 year prison sentence....
    Nintendo, why oh why did you think DS flashcarts are illegal?
    I mean, some people only play Homebrew games not roms, you morons........

12. MitsukaiXxX

Loonylion if the law can send you to jail for them,they are ILLEGAL lol......(uk anyway)

Flashcart user just like to think they are legal,but i can promise yout hey are illegal,coz the law can arrested you for posseing them :)

13. Loonylion

Funny that, I studied UK law and possession of a flashcart is not a criminal offense. Therefore you cannot be sent to jail for possessing one.

Additionally, copyright infringement in the UK is also not a criminal offence, it is a civil offense. You cannot be jailed for a civil offense. Remedies for civil offenses include fines, injunctions and damages.

Whatever you may have read in the papers, or seen on the TV, he was NOT jailed for possession of a flashcart.

14. MitsukaiXxX

Why would they teach you about flashcarts in LAW.

I aint argueing with you lol,just saying...:)

So why did R4 get sued out of the sky by nintendo,becasue what the r4 does is illegal,am i right :)

15. zekezan88

zekezan88 Active Member

Nintendo hates flashcarts, the law makes them legal.... for now..... So, Nintendo makes up lies to scare you.

16. Loonylion

Also R4 did not get sued in the UK.

17. MitsukaiXxX

aaaaa i see lol....sorry looney my mistake :)

18. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

The guys that make the R4 and the guys who sell it all pay tax to their government, depending on how much profit they got... The SD card makers, Nintendo USA, Japan, etc (they all pay tax). So technically, this makes flash carts legal since all of the ca$h earned in the by the companies stated in the last statement can go in circles...

19. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

Flashcards are the same like an MP4 player you can put games music and movies on them, but MP4 player are sold everywhere! I think that 95% of people downloading torrent are downloading ILLEGAL torrents.

20. Loonylion

more like about 60-70%