1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why does the R4...suck?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xalfrea, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiello604

hiello604 Well-Known Member

I don't think they make anymore, esp. for the original r4s. They only go up to version 1.18

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

That's firmware for R4 clones.

3. hiello604

lol. does r4 v.1.18 work on major league baseball 2k10? If not, then it totally sucks!! :p

4. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Apparently according the comments page...it doesn't.

...Yeah. We're screwed for future games.

5. worthy

worthy Member

Atcually it goes upto R4 v1.24 kernel on that site and they have taken over the running of things according to the info on that page? They also said they will be making more firmwares at a later date, but the next one may not solves the Bookworm and Bejewelled problems.

It works perfectly on my original R4 Revolution and according to that site they have taken over the running of R4's and apparently thats why the new ones have that website on them (It could be a clone though, but the fact that it's working on my original R4 Revolution makes me wonder).

Also they mention about stopping clones on there too and supporting the old R4's? (so if they are clones then they have a nerve, lol!!).

Long story short, until these or the YSmenu people come up with something soon, us R4 users are screwed!!

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out hear for R4 originals Ysmenu files, infolib.dat extinfo.dat and savlib.dat go in the TTmenu folder of the ysmenu and will fix games as they are making them

http://loda.jp/dsm/

infolib.dat = Loading speed
    extinfo.dat = AntiPiracy bypass
    savlib.dat = Save Game size

7. hiello604

Well, I found a version of r4 kernal 1.25 on gbatemp but I'm not sure if it's the real thing. Do you know if v.1.24 r4 works fine with the major league baseball 2k10. I've been dying to play it but I cannot due to blank white screen. :(

8. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Because r4 support stopped after all the clones came out. FW1.18 was the last official FW before the R4 was discontinued. Unless the team decides to start making FW again, we're screwed other than YSMenu. Which is pretty much enough for me.

9. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

i think this should be a forum game

10. Xalfrea

I don't even know how to operate Ysmenu, let alone how to update with firmware and all of that stuff. At most the only thing I know how to do is to format my micro SD and insert games.

11. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I had an R4, which stopped working months ago.. Then I got the N5 (clone of the R4) and it was working perfectly... Until these new ROMs came out, none of them could run on my N5 properly (error 4, etc.) Damn

12. hiello604

Yeah the r4 v.1.18 worked on any roms but now that with the anti - privacy thing makes it harder for any r4 flashcart owners to play these newest good games.

& I'm one of them. :(

13. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

R4 Team is Dead, They got Swine Flu so.... But Acekard (best flashcart for me) is allive and they are awesome, But R4 is just Clones, clones and more CLONES so bassically r4 Clones Sucks, Originall R4 is the Best, Not better that Cyclo, Supercard and Acekard, but is just the nessesary

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

R4 team haz no flu. AK2.1/i is the best valued and cheapest flashcart. CycloDS is the most expensive, but TEH ELITzorZ CaRDZ... till the Super Card DSTWO comes out.

15. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

It's seriously not that hard. You just need to find a pre-made YSMenu (Kind of hard to find. *COUGH*pm me*COUGH*), and put it on the root of your R4. You just go to YSmenu on your R4 menu, and bam.

16. VladTheWitcher

VladTheWitcher New Member

I've had an r4 for a year now with no problems. I bought 4 more for birthday presents and no problems. I don't use ys menu, I use the standard r4 kernal from r4ds.com, the latest version on there is 1.18. I've had no problems with games, movies, or music with it. Maybe the r4 just has a high rate of lemons? poor production? I'd get an acekardi for a dsi if I HAD a dsi...

17. Xalfrea

So you've had no problems with 358/2 Days, Major League Baseball 2k10, Spirit Tracks, Japanese HG/SS, M&S and Winter Games, Sonic and Sega Racing, and Sonic Classic Collection?

Bloo: Sus...pi...cious....

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Those are unofficial firmwares NOT made by the original r4 team.

Exactly.

The official team left the scene, the fakes and clones are obviously made by other people.

As well as any firmwares for the last official card.

19. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

It's worrying that my TTDS will probably go this way soon

20. worthy

worthy Member

Thanks for the heads up as I will stick to YSMenu from now on.

BTW how ironic that R4li talk about fakes and clones when they must be making fake R4's for there fake firmware, lol!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.