1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why does movies when made into games suckszzzzzzzzzzz/

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by juanpaulopaguiligan, Mar 27, 2010.

1. juanpaulopaguiligan

juanpaulopaguiligan Active Member

developers of this games just want money. they rush the development process and they don"t fix the bugs in their games.

2. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

yeah..it's all a gold rush and unfortunately it works :\

3. corprlfish

corprlfish Well-Known Member

My little kept adding (when my ds worked etc ) shitty movie games to my R4, like over the hedge and open season >.>

I actually played a couple. I stopped after 5 minutes of game play and went back to Dementium.

4. juanpaulopaguiligan

dementium rocks. i'm waiting for dementium 2 to be out on romulation, :)

5. corprlfish

April 9th >=)

6. kazroc

kazroc Well-Known Member

movie games suck there is no way that they make back the money they spend in making them.
    i don't know why they bother.

some can be OK but most of the time the suck,
    its like when they take a good book and turn it into a movie it never works out. :(

7. corprlfish

The games are cheap to make.

8. kazroc

kazroc Well-Known Member

true but they still suck so there is no point for them.

9. juanpaulopaguiligan

10. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

it is all about the money. they just want to get in on the profite so they can make money

11. juanpaulopaguiligan

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Basically from what I read, every since the ET game on some atari system was made, it's been the perception that all or most movie based games sucked.

Apparently all remaining copies were buried in the Nevada desert because they couldn't be sold...some unofficial nintendo mag I read years ago said this-what is true is the ET game truly did suck!

Never tried it...never will...the movie was breath-taking back then, so people expected the same from the game, only game based from a movie that was good I reckon was goldeneye.

Correct sensei :)
    THose sucked balls, and spider man...it's been rehashed so many times it's not enjoyable anymore, they used the tony hawk physics in the first game (based on the name alone-no movie) and used the same physics to power the newer ones based on movies...even prototype uses the same system.

No, because they are targeted at hard core fans/young kids too stupid to think before they buy, thinking they can relive the movie action..look at terminator salvation...UTTER CRAP!

THat's a reverse of what we are on about, the movies are based on the games but with their own story woven in (nemesis didn't have a gattling gun, nor did he have any emotion!).

I blame the director for that, he done the first AvP as well...which i liked only for the aliens and preds...not the action and pacing!

And the avp R game on psp sucked worse than anything I could imagine...turns out the mechanics from predator concreate jungle were used but scaled down (that sucked already-they made it worse :( )

13. SuperFrog

SuperFrog Member

Don't forget Superman 64.... worst game on N64.... Actually only unfinished game that got 'nintendo quality seal of approval' that I can think off for N64.

14. BurningHell

BurningHell Well-Known Member

Of course, there is the opposite: games made into movies. Still, those suck too, like the Dead Or Alive movie.

15. arceus12345

arceus12345 Well-Known Member

because they rush to publish it so they dont make it good quality!

16. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

One main reason: The developers want to finish the games and release them on the movie's release date. Alice in Wonderland isn;t that bad. Avatar was kinda bad. Either way, movie games might always suck.

17. iTz Jaake

iTz Jaake Active Member

Yeah, I hate movie games.
    They rush the thing and it's generally terrible.
    The only exception for movie games would be,
    Lego Starwars,
    Lego Indiana jones and batman,
    Lego Harry Potter.
    The Lego movie franchise is good, maybe except for Indiana I didn't really enjoy that but yeah ;)

18. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Yes and the movie making studio is pressuring the game studio to make it on time.
    That is why.

Would you play a game from a movie of 1999? Or of 9 months ago?

And because many movies have a story where actors are needed => difficult to make a good game.

19. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

why does books when made into movies suckszzzzzzzzzzz/?? ?? ?? ??

they are even worse, except for holes

20. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Those games are a bit diffrent. Movie games ussualy come out just before/slightly after the movie, when Lego games were made long after the movies, and are not rushed. And probably that's why they are good.