1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do you personally pirate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkrequiem, Apr 18, 2011.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

because we can and im poor, cant pay for 60 dollar games at all

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Terrible logic there. Should you pay to view a movie at the cinema? Movies are seen as art. Should you pay to watch a theatric play? Again, art.

Here's a thought, people actually pay to be able to take art home, so if you're saying games are art and you wish to own a game, you should pay. Otherwise you could go to EB or Gamestop and play the demos all day.

I've already answered this question but I'll answer it here with all the truth I can muster: I pirate because stealing games, movies, music, programs and what-have-you are better for me free than if I were to buy them. Selfishly, I want as much as I can get without paying a dime, and pirating everything I can get my hands on gives me wood for days. It's easier than stealing, burglery and robbery because the risk is incredibly low.

3. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I pirate just 'cause I'm cheap. I'd rather get my games for free :p

4. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

cause u can hardly ever find a real emu or disk/rom in my country and even if u can they'll cost WILD amount of $

5. maccaman20

maccaman20 Well-Known Member

Just to show Nintendo that their shitty little Anti-Piracy isn't enough to stop us.

6. leilaop

leilaop New Member

In the beginning, I lived in asia. There, you will find pirated cds and modchipped consoles as the regular. o.o

Growing up, I never actually known it was pirated lol. I thought that games were just really like that. Ofc when I moved to states, I was helluva shocked when I went to gamestop and everything was soooooo expensive o.o

Anyways...I dont really pirate anymore. Im here because I have a wii with a lot of games but it looks really bad on a TV so Im now downloading the ISOs so I can use my laptop as a wii and hook it up to my hdtv and play in high res @_@ Also, the upscaling on gamecube games does wonders @_@ I just wish there was a way my laptop can read the disks so I wont have to spend a long time hunting out isos x.x

7. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

I'm an Asian too lol

8. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

I pirate games and movie because they are super expensive in Brazil. Each ps3 game is about 200 dollars and each movie is about 30 dollars (DVD)

9. joshua.rozario

joshua.rozario Well-Known Member

wow people here pirate about 40 50 dollars here its 80

10. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

Familys going through some tough times thought this would save some money

11. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Because I lack money. I only pirate DS and PC games anyways. When I want new games for a console I just trade in ones I don't play anymore.

12. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

the only prime reason for piracy/pirating is to conserve money...!

13. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

because i live in South East Asia
    where pirating is normal
    1. games that i usually play are rarely imported here
    2. the currency is is kind of low
    3. the consoles/handhelds themselves are already kind of overpriced(here)
    4. the normal paycheck here is too low(I myself worked 60 hours a week with about 1USD for an hour, part time)
    5. don't have a credit card
    6. importing games myself = tax = more money
    ^ i've forgotten this

14. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

BluRay must be SCARCE where you live

15. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

>went to about 10 houses nearby
    > saw that none had BD player
    >only 1had PS3 which is capable of playing BD

16. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

My god, I'd move to a different country if I had to pay that much for video games.

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Yeah video game prices are actually a pretty common factor in emigration.

18. Landon1

Landon1 Well-Known Member

cuz life is already too hard. Why should i further worry myself on these petty matters?

....plus i haz no moneys.

19. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

Because I'm poor and I don't feel like paying $50 or $60 for a game that doesn't last very long.

20. ab0456

ab0456 Well-Known Member

Because my parents are the steryotipical asian parents and won't buy games or movies. They also don't let me use my own money to buy them.