1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do you personally pirate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkrequiem, Apr 18, 2011.

1. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I don't want to spend $30 on every single little DS cartridge that holds just 32MB

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Let's not pretend there's reasons relating to data capacity, now.

The reason people pirate is because they prefer to pay nothing rather than something. To hell with your justifications. Stealing is fucking rad. GET RAD.

3. slapmeorelse

Eh, I guess you're right then.

I have loads of games on my hard drive and SD card that I could have potentially paid over $600 on

4. Joben_

Joben_ Well-Known Member

I pirate for booty.

5. ProtomanZX

ProtomanZX Well-Known Member

To speak like a pirate of course. :p Arrggh...

6. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

7. Christofski

Christofski New Member

Because Im a cheap bastard. And because I get a feeling of immence superiority when I hear friends complaining of the price of the latest games and I can just saunter up to them, twirl my imaginary mustache, have a puff on my imaginary pipe and then slink off smugly

But I dont pirate. Thats illegal.

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Cuz it safes money goddammit.

9. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

I'm the king pirate ;D

10. slapmeorelse

Well.. I can't become a ninja so..

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I pirate games because it's much easier and faster to sit at a computer and download for 10 minutes than it is to take a 15 minute drive to gamestop and stand around looking for the game I wanted for 10 minutes, then take another 15 minute drive home. Add 10 or so minutes onto that if the lines are long.

I also pirate games because stuff like GBC/GB and NES games aren't sold anymore and it's too much of a hassle to attempt to find all the good ones on eBay that are being sold by someone that won't rip you off.

I also also pirate games because it's much easier to download for 10 minutes and apply a translation patch than it is to import a game and struggle to play through all the Japanese.

But if it's for a console or requires a peripheral/add-on or is a PSP game, then I don't pirate it. Because I don't hack my consoles (or my psp, due to lack of memory available) and it's not possible to pirate the peripherals.

12. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? You're a Ninja Master.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I pirate for jap to eng games...and games I can't find.

13. shinra358

shinra358 Guest

because they can't get backwards compatibility right and old games become unplayable and it's dumb to keep buying the same exact games over and over again because of a different format.

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Or they just completely rip out backwards compatibility altogether.

15. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

The games on my country are far from cheap a 300 bucks for a cartigdrage of DS if it's 30 and we buy each dollar a 6.5 the price should 180 bucks not 350 bucks and they sell piarte games anywhere, you go out in the street? you can see mobile tents that sell wii, PSP, NDS, 360 and PS3 piarted (also for DS remember the GBC cartidrages that held several games? apply that but for DS games, usually they are selling them as a collection from the 0001 to the 1000)

16. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I know right?! Every game should be compatible with current gen consoles forever and forever!

17. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

You guys have some truly terrible and stupid reasons to pirate.

The latest thing I've pirated is Terraria only to check if I could run it on my crummy computer. Turns out it can't. I deleted it from my computer and went on with my life.

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Thanks for your opinion, buddy. You are so above us because of our morally-devaluing decision to download files off the internet.

19. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Member

because most of the shops here only sell pirated games...

20. LJ44

LJ44 Active Member

Video games are a form of art, and do we pay to view art? No, we don't. In addition, video games are very expensive, and ive already spent enough money on the video game console. Therefore, i will not pay for a video game, and rather will pirate it