1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why do you love or hate the country where you live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rick4ever, Aug 22, 2009.

1. PeachMilk

PeachMilk Well-Known Member

Wrong, sir.

Considering I'm a Russian/French girl I should have easily conversed with my head up my ass like the rest of them.

2. kakarulz22

kakarulz22 Member

hi
    live in england, luv this country bc................... erm............. wellllll.......cause englands got a whole load of history or somat like that :) (not really, dont hink theres anything 2 put here lol)
    hate bc well thats easy politics politics politics aaaaand (get ready for it, drumrool) POLITICS surprise! lol
    yeh im an idiot hehe
    :D

3. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

The funny thing is how people are only posting what they like or giving vague answers, XD. Nobody wants to stain it's country in face of people from various countries.

What I like about my country:
    -Various ethnic groups.
    -We can taste every type of food you found in the entire world, except for a few obscure recipes.
    -We can plant almost everything you find in the entire world.
    -If you like some specific recipe in your country, chances are we know how to do it and either do it exactly the same or better.
    -Biggest natural forest in the world.
    -Biggest river in the world.
    -Most receptive towards tourists and immigrants.
    -We have direct elections.
    -We don't praise junk food that much.
    -We have universal heathcare.

What I don't like:
    -Our politics are corrupt as hell.
    -We're the only country in the entire world that pay 73 different types of taxes.
    -One of ours states has the biggest civil war in the entire world.
    -We're the Soccer's Country
    -We're the Carnival's Country
    -Our people like to lick North American balls(expect for a few minded ones)
    -We don't have the best education system.
    -We do have universal healthcare, but it sucks.
    -We can't drive diesel cars.
    And other stuff. Not having enough patience to write all the stuff, XD

4. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

Trinidad. The people are very nice, well compared to those I've met from America. Great music, food, mass cultural diversity. Beaches, lots of greenery. I love the aesthetics of my country. TRINIDAD TO D' WORLD ! TRINI 2 D' BONE!

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

when i said the french are ignorant i meant compared to british people, im sure their just acting perfectly normal and its just different to what im used to.

6. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

i always laugh when the english call the french ignorant.

the best thing about scotland is that it's not england and that other countries actually like us.

7. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

Yea man skirts and bagpipes.

8. RenaldoTT

First I would like to say it's football not soccer. I just dislike it being called soccer. That's just so American and Carnival what you mean about Carnival? Because Trinidad and other Caribbean countries have Carnival. Btw what country is this?

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

It's obviously Brazil...

10. RenaldoTT

Doesn't have to be Brazil though...

11. rick4ever

Well, Brasil is known as a country with a very big carnaval and known as a soccer country because they've won the world cup alot. Also they've alot of famous soccer players. So it's Brasil in my opinion.

12. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

What i love in my country: Philippines

- Rich history from Pre-Colonial Era where we govern ourselves like the rest of Asia, to Independence Movement in the 1896 Revolution and establishing the newly formed republic.

- The provincial folks that are not well-immersed with the Urban folks, retaining old customs and traditions and not using modern technology to enjoy life.

What I hate in my country:

- Most of the Urban folks, mainly those who depends on the government for all the things they need and blame the government when a disaster occurs.

- Politics - corruptions and lies told by politicians.

13. RenaldoTT

well he said it was Brazil he was talking about but it's still football soccer is the america insult name in my opinion

14. rick4ever

I can understand. In my country we call it 'voetbal' and in german they call it 'fussball' (or something like). So i rather call it football too.

15. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Actually, when I say football when writing in english, I think about Rugby. Strange, but go figure. Since I don't like football, the correct word doesn't matter that much for me.

16. gamersam

gamersam Member

i live in Canada Quebec. I like it cause of poutine and the bilingual people around.

17. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

i love america because of the hot chicks

18. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I hate it because most other countries ive been to are better

19. rick4ever

The number one reason why people like Holland/the netherlands is because of the weed wich is easily to get. It's an 'to tolerate policy'. It's not allowed to buy it, but they just let you. As they say it in my country:'they look trough the fingers'. Maybe not to well explained, fair enoughxD. I don't smoke weed, i don't even smoke anything. But a lot of my classmates do. They're so freaking funny when they are stoned on school.
    Post Merge: [time]1275550745[/time]
    =]

20. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Re: why you love the country where you live

True...
    When I went to the US for two weeks, I missed the street vendors, the cool stuff sold cheap, and taho. Yes. Taho.
    Some countries have hotter chicks. Fact.
    Everytime I go home to Tarlac (my mom's province), I enjoy the nice breeze and lack of urban crap. And the ube. Always the ube.