1. This forum is in read-only mode.

why do you love or hate the country where you live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rick4ever, Aug 22, 2009.

1. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

Talking about goats... In my country you'll see them a lot.

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

most of the people in this country[Philippines] are hypocrites... same as what crimson is saying...

during elections, vote buying is all the rage,,,... oh yeah, it's disappointing

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Quite...

Say hi to Billy for me.

4. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Place I've been wanting to visit for quite a while now. =(

I live in Brazil, and not so much love for my place (my city, specifficaly). It's pretty damn hot, and there's not much to do. Sucks to think I'm wasting my youth somewhere I'd rather not be.

5. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

Re: why you love the country where you live

thats mainly why i hate america, our music has turned into crap.... and our politicians make enough to where they could give a shit less about the lesser/poor people...we elect presidents to do absolutely nothing and get paid for it, look at bush , we elected him to crash our economy, and obama to do well nothing so far except try to make a universal healthcare thats just putting more money into the insurance companies, like they need the money just in-case haha

6. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Singapore-in terms of quality lifestyles is definitely the best in South East Asia.I live in Malaysia and i tell you it's not fun.Racism is getting ticker and ticker everyday.

7. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

well, living in hawaii is OK, its not really what they hype it to be. all I know is there's the flashy tourist side, and the bland reality side (which, again is OK) the thing that I like most is if I were to apply to any college on the east coast with a 10% or below asian campus population, I have a 79% chance of getting a free ride.

8. rick4ever

lol

9. peppo51

peppo51 New Member

'nuff said, uhm.. well, not really..

what i love more about this country is its unique beauty, i don't know what makes tourists come here frequently, but it makes me happy that there are still people who appreciate this country, even if most citizens are dying to get out of here..

and aside from being hypocrites..
    they, uhm, i mean WE (don't want to abandon them) are so opportunistic,

also, i hate their, uhm, OUR "pride" thing.. it irritates me alot when they proclaim to they world how much they are proud of the country and the people.. we gotta know our place.. :|

10. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

So I live in Canada, and it's pretty frickin' sweet. I live in the province of BC, home to Hot Summers, Cold Winters, fine women, scenic vistas and some other stuff. Only problem is that there's lots of Weed here, while I don't have anything against it, don't smoke it myself, it pains me knowing like half the people here are weed heads, a friend of mine included. But whatever.
    And then the only thing I don't like about Canada as a whole is Quebec (No offense to anybody here who might be from Quebec), but they're all French, and while I don't have anything against them, they're all like "Vous devriez apprendre notre langue! [You should learn our language!]", but they're the minority, so if anything they should learn English. My Dad was living there with his girlfriend for awhile, and he said it was pretty bad, apparently they're very aggressive drivers, and if you don't even try to speak French (My Dad doesn't know any French) they'll look down on you and crap.

But yeah, pretty cool here overall.

11. rick4ever

I had that kinda thing when is was with my school class in France. Everywhere were we tried to order things and did it with speaking english, french people got angry. Most french people can only say: Wait here (wich sounds like weed here) and yes or no. The only people who were kind to us, were the stoned people.

12. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

when i was in france a couple of months ago everyone i met was ignorant, they just couldn't be bothered with us. i think its just their culture and the way they are.

13. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Or they have a little hatred for a british?You know Napoleon got his arse kicked by your ancestors.

14. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I like England because of the sense of humour that we have :) I like our countryside, I like our wildlife, I love our literature (and again, I like the humour in our literature, T.V shows et cetera).

Also, I don't see why people speaking French in Quebec should have to speak English (although, I was under the impression that most do anyhow). I can see why people in France would get angry at a group of children running around and trying to buy things in a foreign language whilst they are trying to conduct business.
    Not all French people are ignorant, it just depends on where you are and the mood that they're in : / Some can be stereotypically snobbish, but I haven't met many like that. British people have a bad reputation in most parts of Europe because of the influx of British drunks who go to places like France on holiday or on a stag-night or whatever and trash the place (and also because British people tend to retire to places like Spain, France and Italy and buy up all the good businesses and houses with their savings).

15. ir4

ir4 Well-Known Member

America Ftw

16. rick4ever

Totally agree =3

17. rick4ever

Talking about England, a few months ago i saw a programma on dutch tv wich was about hospitality in england. A dutch camera team and presentator tried to find somewhere to sleep and in the midday they wanted to get some free drinks from english people. As for the drinks, they had goodluck. But they couldn't find a place to sleep. Most of the people said:"How dare you ring my bell''. Also some people called the police. The teenagers they met just stayed inside showing their thingy that hings between their legs or their asses.

18. PeachMilk

PeachMilk Well-Known Member

A few French exchange students came to our school two years ago.

Two words: Ignorant assholes.

They dressed super fancy, looked like they were going to a dinner party, ignored everyone, huddled all together and snickered at everyone. I go to a "rich" school where most of the people are stuck up. These people were just awful.

19. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

If you ever want to converse with those French students PeachMilk, you only need to master the basics.

Two words: I SURRENDER!

20. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

What I like from my country ? It's easy to get pirated stuff.
    Makes everything cheaper to buy.

Things that I dislike from my country ? Apparently a lot.