1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do people judge games by it's graphics?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by jabaash2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I won't call you greedy, but more of a freeloader.

I said this before and I'll say it again, there's no justifiable reason to pirate games. Defending yourself when you're pirating are just stupid excuses. If you don't have the money, you're able to save for the game you want, if you don't have any money then you're better off waiting patiently or reallocating your priorities.

Defending yourself in the case of pirating is dumb, straight up. I'm not saying I hate you because you pirate, no, I pirated here and there, I am not holier than thou. But I sure as hell won't pity you or let you excuse yourself for an excuse like 'I don't have money for it'. And I sure as hell I won't be sympathetic because you're having problems because of AP or CD cracks, or you get a virus from cracks.

Any excuse for pirating is a shitty excuse, gaming is a luxury, it's something you invest in, not something you get for free. Or should, anyways. Pirating is shaping the way games are now, in fact, it totally changed how developers approach the PC platform and it sucks for that.

I'm not saying buy the game based on review scores. Actually reading the review is far more productive to see if you'd like a game or not.

Because the big companies make great games and the smaller ones make bad ones, right?

Support the games that are good, don't support the bad ones. This means buy the games that deserve it, ie Demon's Souls, New Super Mario Bros, Left4Dead, Half Life 2, Portal, etc (I'm just listing good games off the top of my head).

You used the term greedy assholes, not us, we're referring you as the greedy asshole just because you brought it up.

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Here's my issue with you.
    Even if you do like/enjoy the games, you think buying them would just be "to squander" the money you have. And as above, it's a luxury item, your reasoning doesn't matter.
    That's the sole reason devs are having to focus on that shit rather than the games, and evidently the laws are steadily getting more retarded too because of it.
    As Nat said, actually read them (as in more than one). Also, do you think that's the only way of looking up a game.. on the internet? jesus, and you're calling me ignorant.
    She means buy the games you actually enjoy playing, good/bad doesn't come into it, it's your opinion.

You think the smaller companies are limited to making bad games? your logic sucks.
    I don't. If the games are bad, i want them to fucking die. All shovelware shit for example.

Also This.

If wanted to call you an Ahole (see, your word), i'd just come out with it.. as i did when called you an asshat.