1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whos getting a DSi? post you y/n and your thoughts here!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by fgghjjkll, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Can't happen, wireless cannot get anywhere near the required data rate.

2. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

dont you mean the wireless on the ds? i am sure a g wireless connection could do it no sweat

3. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

DSi doesn't have g.
    I believe.

But it is rumored that the DSiWare Store will have GBA games for you to download onto your memory card/internal storage.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It does support g.

5. Loonylion

no it can't. GBA slot could easily be 80MBytes/sec transfer rate, 802.11g is 9mbit/s in NEAR PERFECT conditions, and if you're lucky. The 54mbit splashed all over the boxes is the raw data rate and bears absolutely no resemblance to actual achievable transfer rates

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I used to play PSP ISOs on my PSP via wireless network so I dont see why GBA wouldnt work.

7. Loonylion

the data rate of optical drives is MASSIVELY lower than solid state. In good conditions optical media data could be transferred fast enough via wifi.

8. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Also has to deal with the system caching the information that it needs. Notice if you play a PSP game off a UMD that it isn't spinning all of the time.

9. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I'm passing on this device, Ds to Ds lite was a change that was welcomed but DSL to DSi is pointless. What kind of a game needs to have your face in it? That's kind of disturbing...

10. sawyerseals

sawyerseals Member

i say No 1 region locked 2 : rejects all Flashcards except new onces comming out and 3: the camera and recorder what else could they do to make it the ultimate nerd being?

11. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

DSI is crap

12. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I live in a less-known country in europe... Which means i can never get Dsi-Ware. If i could ,maybe i will bought it but...

Aaah damn ,I love my DS fat :D

13. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I live in America and I can get my Japanese DSi Ware. It just connects to the server for its region, not your specific location.

14. NDSFanWithR4

NDSFanWithR4 Member

im going to stick to my dsl for a while until the dsi gets more games and colors then im MAYBE going to buy it

15. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

This salty buckoneer be waitin' for two fings befores I plunk down me dubloons on a DSi:

1. Price droppy
    2. Otro colores

16. dragomasta

dragomasta Member

I'm pretty sure GBATemp will gut the DSi out sometime after the release.
    That's what they did with the DS, so eventually, it will be able to do more and not be so gay.
    Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2sD5HAC1dc
    It can run your old DS games, and the new DS games too. Hooray!
    They've got more videos abut it too.
    In order to make the people buy again, they will lower the price a bit (like people always do.).
    Then, I wait till black friday and hope not to get trampled at the store.
    Yay!

17. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

well if my current DS needs to be replaced then ill buy the DSi but untill that day i dont need it it does look cool though

18. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Only good feature is the SD card, and it's not even that great.

19. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

I changed my mind. I am buying a Black DSi on April 2nd. It isn't region locked for games, just the internet. Check Wikipedia. Looks alright now, that they've made it alot more clearer.

20. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I've got one. Nintendo gave it one free to all the people at unorthodox creations for development purposes. George is working on Propaganda DS which uses the DSi camera as a means to take real life pictures to advance the story. Its pretty intreasting what hes got done so far seeing as only 30 people are working on it. It's going to be the 2nd game released by UC the 1st being Denigrade battle then 2nd Propaganda DS and 3rd Heavens Wings: Diabouls.