1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Whos getting a DSi? post you y/n and your thoughts here!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by fgghjjkll, Oct 12, 2008.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Wow thanks Rhith.. I always shop at dealextreme too...

Damn, the R4i sounds interesting :p but is sold out...

2. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

i heard that the dsi has a sd card slot. Maybe some talented programmer can make a file the dsi can read and when you boot that file up it can boot other files such as .nds and .gba files giving the possibility for roms and hombrew

......just a thought

3. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

I heard from my sources that DSi is only to complement DSL. I'm pretty happy with my limited edition Red and Black DS Lite (It was Limited Edition only in Australia). I'm going to stick with the 2nd Gen. Much more effective then the Region Locked 3rd one.

4. padawon1234

padawon1234 Active Member

Lose my gba support if I get a DSi... heck no. There are too many good GBA games I have that I don't want to lose. Kirby on the GBA for one. Pokemon second. I already lost multiplayer GBA capabilities by getting DS. No way am I paying more to completely lose GBA support so I can get some 0.3 megapixel VGA camera. Although, on the other hand, it does look like a pretty slick system. I'll stick to my DS phat for now lol.

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I haven't decided if I want one. Cause I don't feel like "upgrading". I have digital camera already with 5.0 megapixels...what I need another 1.3 for?

On top of that lose the ability to use my newly owned M3 Real...I might just pass.

6. DragonQuester

I guess I might get a DSi thanks to hearing about flashcarts... Acekard 2i... Is it good?

7. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I have it, works great. For the most part the flashcards work exactly the same as their NDS/Lite counterparts, just modified hardware that allows the DSi to validate them.
    Only thing I don't like about the AK2i is the cheat system. I think in my post "Why no love for the DSi?" I talked about it some.

8. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Booo! DSi, Boooo!

9. DragonQuester

Well researching more on the Acekard 2i, I might even consider getting a DSi... thanks romulation :p

10. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

DSi coming to US in late 2009. I might get one now cause there are already so many carts.

11. ssupersonic16

ssupersonic16 Member

i may only because i got that bloody crack on the right hinge of my ds and now it wont turn on(and i never even droped the thing)

12. DragonQuester

Exactly. Well atleast its coming out later this year...

13. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

NEED TO PLAY DAMN GUITAR HERO!!!

14. Barathrum

Sucks that it is region locked though.

15. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

So keep your old DS if you're that concerned about one (in my opinion) crappy game.

Only downloadable content. DS games are all region free.
    And I'm sure that will be cracked soon enough.

16. Barathrum

Still sucks that they made that.

17. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

im planing on getting the dsi because i have the first ds (gray) and the upper screen is yellow and sometimes blue :S and i didnt like the dslite D-pad D: so dsi for me : / and maybe a psp xD

18. Barathrum

Nobody wants to keep two DS' with them just to play guitar hero.

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Or DSi specific games.

20. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Dude OK , u dont love GH...

What about Pokemon?(safari park or smthing).

I mean , giving up from GBA slot is just unnecessary... Other parts are so kool but...

...AND btw , Activision is relasing a new GH game which means they are not afraid of DSi...

I talked to much but i think (if it comes to europe) im gonna buy it :) Becouse my parents let me to buy a new DS lite , i have fat , they should accept it too...

...but im not gonna sell my Fat , unless Nintendo makes a wi-fi GBA slot... Wow , this idea was awsome :)