1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Who is your Favorite Point & Click Adventure Game Heroes?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 22, 2016.

?

Who among these Protagonists is your Favorite?

1. Guybrush Threepwood from the "Monkey Island" franchise.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Goerge Stobbart from "Broken Sword".

50.0%
  3. Gabriel Knight from "Gabriel Knight".

50.0%
  4. Larry Laffer from "Leisure Suit Larry"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rufus from the "Deponia" Trilogy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bwana from "The Journey Under" trilogy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I know the first Computer "P&C" (Point and Click") Adventure games I have ever played were "Hentai" games from Japan thanks in part to my old buddies from High School. But ever since I got a hold of my own computer I have been able to play other, more logically inclined and less sexually inclined P&C games... except maybe for "Leisure Suit Larry" LOL.

The first being "Broken Sword - Shadows of the Templars" on the GBA. Yes I typed that correctly and that this Poll is actually posted on the "PC" sub forum.

Broken Sword on the GBA was my first P&C game, and one I accidentally discovered during my early years of downloading GBA ROMs here on RomU.

And because Broken Sword was the first P&C game I ever played my vote naturally goes to George Stobbart :) However, even though George was the primary protagonist on the first few games in the franchise, my "real" vote goes to his partner Nicole "Nico" Collard because she's not just a pretty face because she's very cunning and creative when it comes to solving puzzles as well.

I'm also quite fond of the egotistical Rufus from the "Deponia" games. It's true that he's such a self-centered jerk, but he gets the job done in very creative ways too. He needed to borrow the towel one of his buddies was using, to do so he made his buddy think he'd contracted a serious disease and must hand over the towel for examination... how funky creative is that? :p

RFE - Addendum:

You can also post the names of other P&C Adventure heroes you know of on your comment/s if you do not like any of the ones on the poll ;)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I quite liked paradise (iirc its a spin off from the myst series)

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I haven't tried any of the Myst games before, but going by several gameplay videos I've seen of the game it kinda looks like "Shadowgate" in that the game is a first person adventure game except of being on a fully three dimensional world, you play on a one screen at a time (pre-rendered backdrops) manner. I kind of liked that about Shadowgate as I easily get disoriented and lost on a fully 3D rendered FPS game.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you'd get lost in myst too, there's absolutely no hints or indications about where you go or what you do.

5. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Hmm... I think my first P&C game was "King's Quest V". But I lost interest since I died far too many times.

I've played "Broken Sword" on the GBA. It was fun, but I never went far in it. I think I'll download it from RomU and play it again.

The last time I played a P&C game was "Beneath a steel sky". It was the first game I actually enjoyed and played for several days. But it was difficult at the same time.