1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Who Here Actually Seeds A Torrent>?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halo-101, Sep 23, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I don't even know how to seed, I don't understand torrents really.
    I just right click and download with free download manager then leave it be till its done.

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

well you see a torrent is... nevermind I don't want to bore you with my boring story

3. msg2009

Good, ive been to the boredom thread already and its too boring to go back again.
    Anyone wanna explain it without been boring?

4. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

the cow eats a chicken then the chicken bites it's way out of the stomach leaving the cow with an angry stomach ache but the cow presses on and the chicken gets digested and gets dumped out as download speed. that is what torrents are the fun way

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Meh, here's the gist. You download a torrent using a torrent manager like uTorrent. The download speed depends on the ammount of seeders, people who GIVE you the speed. The person downloading is a LEECHER. So the more seeds there are, the better. But people don't like seeding at all really.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

a torrent site is just a site where people can grab TORRENT files. these torrent files are like a code you input into your torrent client so that you can download the file you want. it's like an ID. now SEEDERS are people who have the file and it's like transfering parts of that file to the rest of the people who want to download it. but it doesn't go 1 by 1 it transfers different parts of that file to all the LEECHERS. and the leechers are people who want to grab those files. each seeder distributes a file to each seeder that needs it. so like leecher 1 needs files part #1, 2 and 3 while leecher 2 needs parts # 7, 8 and 9 and a seeder transfers parts 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 all at once to the leechers that needs those parts and so on. when all the parts form, it makes the file you need. that my friend is torrents the boring way

7. msg2009

So I just leave it in freedownload manager after its finished to seed?
    Or do I have to help the cow with the chicken?

8. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

I don't seed, but I would if I didn't have a download limit.

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

you can try to grab a feather off the chicken inside the cow or grab a few feathers off the chicken firsthand. either way try not to hurt the chicken or it means restarting the whole download
    Post Merge: [time]1285231384[/time]
    and also whatever you do, do NOT steal the chicken or you WILL get caught. there's a program that automatically milks the cow but it's gonna cost you about 50$

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't forget that leechers also send parts to each other. This means it is sometimes possible for the download to complete even if there are no seeders, because in that case the leechers have every part between them, then its just a case of the leechers sending parts to each other until individual leechers have all of them.

11. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I seed when I have completed a GC download but...yeah...I download them from a specific site now and those are no torrents...

I have no need for torrents anyway...I download stuff from trusted sites.

12. msg2009

Sometimes you have no choice.
    TV series for example, if you know anywhere with a direct download for tank overhaul season 2 please let me know :)

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I use torrents by choice, it is hands down the most efficient way of distributing large volumes of data.

14. yoshi2889

I don't download music, films and tv series...that's my dad's job here.

My job is games.

And recently I got a link to a site with tons of SNES ROMs from someone.

15. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I once downloaded a movie file without seeders but at least 2-4 leechers... damn, it took days to finish and on the way there, some files that are 66% or 90.99% became 100 % and became seeders themselves... so i think those 4 plus myself are helping each other other....

until for unknown reason, those damn shits kinda took off and got myself stuck at 66% and well, never finished the download.

Good thing I found the file on megaupload and watched it to find out its italian without any sub of any language... i learned italian on that movie.

16. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

i keep my torrent client on while im downloading something. I seed all previous files with 'force' (some have a ratio of 16 lol).

if im not downloading anything, im not seeding.

17. yoshi2889

I say, keep downloading.

18. msg2009

Download the complete romset, with your connection you will have every snes game ever made in 5 minutes.

19. yoshi2889

I don't think so.

They are individual links. And they are thousands of them.

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

There are ROMPacks available on the internet. Usually around 2gb for the NES, 8gb for SNES.