1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Who helped you start on RomU? And who do you respect more?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rock91, Jan 9, 2010.

1. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Welcome to the party Reider, and I am supposed to be the resident senior citizen of these forums. So no memory loss yet. If you doubt my senior-ness, I point to exhibits A-H. My every vast and ever growing nose and ear hairs 8). I've been thinking on giving myself a nose perm. That way it keeps the boogers company ;D :p

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

One of the first members here was a 50 year old FYI.

He doesn't seem to be around anymore either. :(

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Wow. Fifty. That's actually pretty impressive, should the day ever arise where you see him again, let me know. I could use some retirement advice.
    The prune smoothie I ate earlier isn't working, better get the Metamucil again :\
    Perhaps his mom told him to, as Bugs Bunny would say, "Turn out those lights!!"

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

There was also a 60 year old Grandma who came here looking for GBA games for her grand daughter's birthday :)

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Guess the old saying is true. You're as old as you feel.

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Re: Who helped you start on RomU?

Don't. Leave moderating to the moderators.

7. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Gee, it's just too hard to pick just one... I might forget someone and leave them out, but as my first time being on a online forum I had a awesome experiance, and I joined a few other forums that are gaming and social related websites and they didn't give me a good first time experiance like romu did, but I will say this, I truly respect trithRR and anandjones mainly because they were the first people that helped me and welcomed me to this site, but since my first day joining I learned to respect new people as I interacted with some newer users as well as older users and a special thank you to Ace101 and hypnos for actually taking there time XD to answer my dumbass Questions.

All in all I respect the admins and the mods because they are the ones that make up part of the experiance of this site and help keep it that way.
    Thank you all!

EDITED*
    Somehow I predict grammer correcting.

8. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Not surprised you caught that mod-A.

9. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

If i have to think about it is probably hypnos, who was mds when i started. He really does play a big role in this community :D

10. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I actually thought he was a mod when I first joined.

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Well, Google helped my and my friends. We were looking for a better rom site then our other one. This is the best one and I am addict to this forum so that is why I am here and am still here.

I respect Seph the most, because he started all of this. Without Seph it was nothing here.
    Oh, I respect of you because you people are all kind of virtual friends ^^

I have a respect for people if the don't pretend being someone else!

12. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

ok so if we are talking sig making it has to be almo as he destroyed my spirit and made me get better at making sigs until i got as good as him and he passed the torch (sotw) to me when he left/was to busy for us.

i don't need help often as i know a fair amount and unlike many i just "google it" when i don't know but i will access someone greater then i if google doesn't know and that's loony for computer advice.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Reider, Almo and Born2killx helped me at the start. I was a troublemaker when I first joined.

14. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Lately, I've been asking for forum advice, and it's been given. Loony has the computer thing down, Seph gave me some critical advice, and Anand calls it down the line. They're all accessible, and willing to go that extra distance to help anyone out.

15. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

hmm.... and koyu~chan is nowhere to seen nowadays? where is she?

16. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Meganova and MasterDS64.(thats what he used to be called)

Due to them helping me on various problems such as Dolphin and setting up my AK2i.

17. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

ahhh the good days :D

I dont even remember when I started but I do recall some weird shit from CJ
    I think Cahos was the one who pointed out the most things for me
    and of course Phatom for all those...azn stuff he showed me..., I kind of miss him now...
    and you too Megan even though you're sometimes weird, and don't forget Koyu ans Sylky
    and to all the mods and pro trollers, aka IRC, who stopped great threats like Girogex and the other kids
    oh and you too Nhi, you get a special mention here, even though you were here after me, just because you're viet

18. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

You helped me real good Rock91 by teachin' me how to put the avatar and signature...Thanks a lot man!
    I really respect you.